Chapter Thirty Five: The Last Thing I Needed

❤️disclaimer❤️
This chapter is written in Ricky's point of view.

35

The thought of Luna feeling my pain for me, makes me sick. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially her. The need to see her is becoming overwhelming. I miss her so much, I never knew it was possible for me to miss someone so much

Every nerve is telling me to go fight for her, while my brain is telling me to give her up. She deserves a normal life. The one thing I could never give her. I need to get back to my life, I'm finally selling the bar. The buyer finally returned my emails, we're supposed to meet in a week. I hoped it would be sooner but, I guess he's going out of town.

I go in the kitchen and sit at the bar. I look around and it's clean, I sigh and I stand up again. I think I'm gonna make some coffee. It doesn't do much for me but, drinking it makes me warmer to the touch. I walk over to the coffee maker. I open the cabinet and take out the coffee beans. I change the filter and pour the beans in.

While the coffee brews, I go to get a mug. I open the cupboard and I freeze. I see Luna's elephant mug. She must've forgot it was here. I pick it up and look at it, I smile to myself and look at the googly eyes. She glued them on when I told her the mug was creepy. I sigh and set the mug on the island. I should box it up and mail it to her. She must miss it dearly. I would go drop it off but, we all know I wouldn't be there for the right reason.

I lay my hands on the island counter top. I close my eyes and I try thinking positively. Knowing all well she'll feel it too. I try to remember the feeling of being loved by her. Being loved by Luna was such a privilege, I'm still so angry with Chris. I ball my hands in to fists, the anger boils up and spills over.

I feel my fangs grow in, the cracks start to form. I move my hand and I hear glass crashing. I look and see Luna's mug on the floor broken.

I look at every piece of broken glass, I kneel down on the floor "No.."

"No, no, no,"

I pick up some of the pieces and I tightly squeeze. I see blood dripping out of my palms on to the floor. I squeeze my eyes closed and I feel the cracks on my face sealing. My fangs sink back in and I'm back in my camouflage. I fall backwards and my back hits the sink cupboards.

I open my hands, I see the shards of glass sticking out of my palms. I sit there and just stare for who knows how long. My focus isn't broken until I hear Winter's voice. "Ricky?"

"In here." I say, my voice rough

She walks in the kitchen, she's dressed perfectly as usual. She's in a pair of black high waisted pants with a black long sleeved turtle neck tucked in to her pants. She walks over and sees me sitting in the glass. She gaps "Ricky! What are you doing!"

She kneels down and grabs my hands. I put my head up against cabinet. Winter starts taking the glass out and I already feel myself healing.

"What's going on? Is this about Luna?"

I shake my head no "I went and saw Joshua."

She keeps taking out the shards, she looks at me "Why?"

"I've been feeling off lately, aside from losing Luna."

"What did he say?"

I sigh and wince at her pulling out the glass out.

"When Joshua was here a month ago, I asked him to put a protection spell on Luna."

"Okay? Did he?"