Chapter 15: Oh Damn

"Hey baby!" Diamond squealed, throwing herself at me. "Who's this?" She asked.

"I'm Anna." Belle said politely. "You're the waitress we had at the ice cream shop? Right?" Belle asked.

Diamond tensed beside me. "Yeah, I'm Diamond. Ry's girlfriend."

I saw hurt flash across Belle's features but it was gone as soon as it came.

"Ex girlfriend. She's my ex." I said, glaring at Diamond. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, well. Nice to meet you, but we're going to be late for class." Belle said, dragging me with her. I smirked inwardly at a gaping Diamond.

"Jealous much?" I teased.

She rolled her said,  "I just didn't want to be late."

"Sure." I mumbled. Note the sarcasm.

Lunch came around and Belle and I made it to the cafeteria. We spotted our friends and sat down at the table. I ignored Jace's concerned gaze as I focused on everyone at the table that was staring at me. I groaned "What guys?" I asked slightly annoyed.

Ashley spoke up, "You better get out of Rylee's seat. I don't care if your friends with Anna." I laughed. They thought I was new. "But I wanted to sit with my girlfriend." I said confidently as I leaned over and kissed Belle on her cheek, as my lips left her cheek I could see a tint shade of pink.

Aweee!

Kristen rolled her eyes and mumbled "I wanna see the look on Rylee's  face when she gets here." I smirked.

Halfway through lunch I asked "Where's your precious Rylee?" Kristen just scoffed and continued eating.

"Hey! You! Rylee! I need to talk to you!" Jake yelled from the other side of the cafeteria. Looks like he could see through my facade.

Oh darn.

I closed my eyes and waited to be bombarded with questions from my friends, but none came. I opened my eyes and saw all of them staring at me in disbelief. "YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?!" Haylee shrieked.

I looked at her confused, "You literally saw me at dinner."

She giggled, "I wanted to play along, sue me. Plus everybody here is acting as if you don't have the same face. A haircut doesn't make you unrecognizable."

Amber didn't say anything but just smirked. We all stared at her. "What?" Belle asked.

"So you're her girlfriend?" Amber asked, grinning and jumping up and down in her chair. I really wanted to hear what Belle was going to say, because if she said she wasn't gay another time, I would seriously flip.

She didn't get to answer because Jake arrogantly walked over to us. "Where's your dyke?" He sneered at Belle. I clenched my fists at my sides.

What? Didn't he call me from the other side of the cafeteria?

"I could've sworn I saw her." He added. He glanced at all of us at the table.

"Leave me alone, Jake." Belle muttered, uninterested. He grabbed her wrist and yanked her out of the chair. "How dare you lead me on like that at the party? Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Let me go! I said we were over!"

Don't make a scene Rylee.

Don't make a scene.

She can handle this.

Don't interfere.

"It's not over until I say so!" He whispered harshly. 

"You're hurting me, Jake! Stop!" Belle demanded.

Strike one.

"You're coming with me!" He snarled and yanked her towards his chest, I could see tears brimming her eyes.

Strike two.

"Jake! STOP!" She hollered, causing the whole cafeteria to turn their heads towards the scene and he slapped her across her face. The last thing I saw was Belle bending over, holding her cheek.

And I saw red.

I think it was the faint sounds of  'Stop! Lee!' and the gentle arms on my shoulders that pulled me out of my trance. I was straddled on top of Jake giving him punch after punch to his face. "Lee, stop. You're killing him." I heard Belle sob.

I climbed off of him and wiped my bloodly knuckles in my shirt. I bent down to his level, pointing in his face.

"Don't you DARE touch her again!" I sneered at him.

He nodded vigorously and put his hands in front of him in a surrender position.

I shook my head and stood up and looked at everyone around me, I gave Jake another glare then left the cafeteria. Once I was in the halls, I groaned in frustration. And kicked a locker.

Belle saw me when I lost control.

Oh damn.