Chapter 16: The Date

So back when I met Jace, I was almost raped at a party but luckily, Jace was there to stop me before I beat the guy to a pulp and he took me home and I curled up in his shoulder and clung to him and cried my eyes out that night.

One would say I have anger issues but call it what you will. I have very rare cases in which I lose control and that was one of them. I didn't even know what came over me. I just lost it.

And now Belle is probably afraid of me, or she probably hates me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I walked lazily through the halls. It was still lunch, everyone was in the cafeteria.

Everyone but me.

"Lee! Wait!" I heard a familiar voice.

"What?" I snapped at her.

She flinched but asked anyways "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'll understand if you wanna cancel the date." I suggested.

She looked at me strangely. "Why would I cancel the date?"

I shrugged and looked down at my feet "Because of what happened in there." I murmured.

She shook her head, "It's gonna take way more than that for me to cancel a date."

I grinned. She got serious "Thanks for what you did back there."

I placed my hands on her cheek "I'm sorry I didn't butt in sooner." I rubbed her cheek and she winced. And that angered me. "I should go back and finish him." I said through gritted teeth.

I clenched my fists together and shut my eyes tight. I started back for the cafeteria, only to be stopped by warm hands hugging me around my waist. I exhaled deeply and I calmed down.

She's the first person to ever calm me down during one of my episodes.

Oh my god! Belle, what are you doing to me!

"He's not worth it." She muttered as the bell rang. "Let's go to class." She held my hands and lead me towards class.

After school I was trying to leave but Belle kept bothering me about the date, "Lee, where are we going to go?"

I sighed "I'm not telling you, Belle."

"How am I going to know what to wear?"

"I have an idea, wear clothes." I grinned at her.

She gave me a straight face, I laughed and kissed her forehead. "You're so adorable." I said softly.

"Whatever." She said as she batted my hands off her and walked away. "I'll wear whatever I wanna wear!" She hollered over her shoulder. "Make sure it's short and sexy." I hollered back to her.

I saw Jace walked towards me and I sighed. I have been avoiding him all day. But I needed him. Once he was in ears reach I said, "I lost control, Jace. Again."

He didn't say anything but pulled me into a bone crushing hug "I'm sorry but I won't leave my dad." I mumbled into his shirt.

He rubbed my back, "It's okay, it's okay Rylee."

I ripped myself away from him, "It's not okay, Jace! Things will never be okay! Diamond is coming to the school now! What am I supposed to do?!" I yelled.

"Ignore her." He said softly. "Come on, you have a date tonight. So we're going shopping." He cheered. I raised an eyebrow at him. And he laughed. "I drove my car here so meet me at the house then we'll go together." He said. I nodded. "Okay, whatever."