His Butler, Phantom Image

"So, young master, you wanted to speak with us about something?" Mey-Rin asked Ciel, breaking the awkward silence that had just been in room not to long ago. Just minutes ago, Ciel had summoned you along with the other servants into his study room, needing to speak of some matter. Based on how things were playing out, you could only assume that this was the episode His Butler, Phantom Image.

"Yes, I have a little job for the four of you to take care of," Ciel said.

"J."

"O."

"B."

Mey-Rin, Finny, and Bard squealed out upon hearing the news and they hugged each other happy. "So we didn't have to worry," you heard Bard say. "When he called us I thought for sure that we were going to be fired."

You sweat dropped upon hearing these words for you knew for a fact that Ciel would never fire the servants anytime soon, even if they did managed to screw up everything. You turned around to face Ciel, "So what did you summon us here for?" You asked him.

Picking something up, he placed a large rectangular object down onto the table to show to you guys. "This is a camera from the famous Talbot collection. It has a story behind it. It had been missing from the collection all together for some time," Ciel said as he placed a hand on top of the camera. "When it suddenly came up for auction, I bid immediately," he finished explaining to you four.

"Who's Talbot?" Finny questioned out curiously.

"Full name, William Henry Fox Talbot," You spun around to find Tanaka in his original form, making you ever so happy. It had been at least a month since you had seen him like this, and although you were fond of his chibi version, it felt nice seeing him in his original form. "Let's see... He was a renowned English scientist and one of the inventors of photographic technology. There were some strange rumors about the last camera he used, the one our young master has acquired."

"People say that if you use this camera to photograph someone, whomever or whatever that person cares about most in the world will appear in the photograph as well..." you trailed off saying deep in thought.

Ciel nodded. "It seems you were quite informed," he said to you.

You let out a flustered smile at this. "I just always do my research," you replied to him.

"Oh, my! That just sounds to incredible to be true!" Mey-Rin squealed out.

"Can such a camera really exist, or is it just a rumor?" Bard questioned out.

"Perhaps we should take a picture and find out," Ciel said as he positioned the camera in Finny's direction. "Don't move; the exposure takes ten seconds," he told him, causing Finny to frantically shift around before freezing up.

"Uh, what exactly is "exposure"?" Mey-Rin asked confused.

"Basically, the camera is copying down an image of Finny." Bard answered.

"Stay still, or the image will blur and we won't get a good picture," Ciel said, as Finny was tensing up during the process. "8, 9, 10... all done." As soon as Ciel was finished, Finny let out a large sigh.

"You know you didn't have to hold your breath the whole time," you told him as you softly nudged his shoulder.

"I didn't!" he asked perplexed, causing you to laugh.

In the next moment after allowing the picture to filter, Ciel picked it up from the liquid with a tonsil and raised it up for a better view. You along with the rest of the servants peered over his shoulder to get a better view at it.