He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission

August

"So would you tell me again why you need (Y/N)?" Ciel's voice had a hardened edge to it from where he sat in the seat at his desk, his chin resting on the fingers of his closed hand, his elbow leaning on the left pillowed arm of the seat while he intently stared at the reapers who stood before him. His single eye was narrowed as he intently stared at both Grell and Ronald, his facial features held tightly in a serious expression, the eye patch on his right eye making him seem even more dangerous and grave than he usually was. There was no trace of amusement on his face as he stared the reapers down, even though he sat below their height level and you could sense the hostility in the air. Sebastian silently stood at his left side, watching the reapers closely, not a shred of emotion on his face as he listened to the conversation.

You sighed, exasperated with the high tension that was thick in the air and knowing that it would be difficult to convince Ciel, especially when he had his mind made up. You glanced to where the reapers stood before Ciel's imposing desk on your left. They hadn't sat down in any of the remaining seats in the study room, or had been offered a chair either. You shifted from where you sat in a chair in front of the desk, carefully watching between the two opposing bodies in the room worriedly.

"It's exactly like we told you." This came from Ronald, who hands were firmly placed on his side of the desk, the said reaper having had slammed his hands down in irritation upon realizing that he wasn't getting anywhere with the earl. "We and William thought it would be best to get her help for one of the cases that we're investigating right now. We believe that her area of expertise would help us handle this case easily. Nothing more!"

"Don't worry, we wouldn't dream of harming the dear (Y/N)," Grell included, staring down at Ciel who quietly stared up at the two of them. "She's to wondrous to ever be injured especially if I'm around! I plan on protecting (Y/N) with my life if I ever have to."

"Still, I don't take to kindly to the two of you waltzing up in my manor and asking to take (Y/N) with you," Ciel stated, straightening up further in his seat as he stared up at the reapers, Ronald huffing irritatingly as he backed away from the desk and crossed his arms.

"Well we did come and ask," Ronald retorted, the scowl growing further on his face.

"Umm don't I get a say in this."

Your voice rose up among the bickering, all heads present in the room swiveling to your figure as you straightened yourself up from where you sat on the chair, soon standing on your feet to instead lean against the imposing desk Ciel sat at. "They did come to ask me for help. I should be the one deciding if I stay or go."

"We finally seem to be getting somewhere." Ronald muttered to himself, but you still managed to hear him and you flashed him a sympathetic smile before turning to address everyone in the room.

"I see no harm in me going to help the reapers," you stated, your comment being directed to the intimidating young earl who sat behind you, and you slightly turned to gaze down at him, Ciel slightly huffing as he glanced away from your gaze. "The last time I went to help the reapers nothing to bad happened to me. And I'm sure they're serious in saying that they wouldn't let anything bad happen to me while I'm with them. Besides I trust the both of them so I see no harm in me going to help."

Ciel huffed again and an amused expression crossed onto your face as you stared down at the boy who still refused to make eye contact with you. "I still refuse to trust them."

You sighed, a hand propped onto your waist as you stared down at the boy who continued to look diffident underneath your gaze before sighing and looking back at you. "Fine." A smile crossed your face upon hearing Ciel's response and promptly, you turned to face the reapers, though you could hear Ciel muttering underneath his breathe and had noticed the annoyed expression on Sebastian's face.