Her Acquaintance, The Past

"So you're saying that in order to find more about our missing reapers we'll be having to go to this location," William monotonously stated, his gaze reading over the letter you had given him.

You nodded your head in agreement. "Yeah, I have a reason to believe that the reapers are there or we'll find another clue that will help us in finding them."

"I'm sorry, but what is this Houndsville that you're speaking about?" Ronald questioned, taking some of the papers from William's hands. "This is the first time that I've ever heard of a place like this."

"Well it wouldn't be very well known since its a very small town," you began to answer. Letting out a stretch from where you sat, you began to go into detail of the place.

The four of you were seated in a small cafe, one that was isolated from the main bustling London streets. It was easy to see that William was uncomfortable being around so many humans, however, both Grell and Ronald were very much relaxed.

"It was a case the Queen sent Ciel out to investigate as she wanted to stop the dog fighting that was going on there," you explained. "A natural geyser was found there as well which I knew the Queen would use to make it into a spa."

"And are you sure that our reapers would be in this place?" William asked after having set the papers onto the table.

"I'm not honestly sure," You told him as you drew the set of papers back toward you. Folding them neatly, you placed them into your pocket keen on fully glancing over them later. "Though this is the only lead that we have so far so it wouldn't hurt to look."

"I think the main question would be on how we're going to get there?" Ronald added. He turned to face you in deep concentration, his chin propped onto his hand. "You said that this Houndsville was somewhere out in the country right? Then what's our fastest way on getting there?"

"Oh Ronald don't forget that we can always just head back to Headquarters and transport ourselves to the place," Grell inputted. His hand stirred the straw of his drink around in the glass clearly bored with the discussion the four of you were having. You had bought him the drink when he had complained of being thirsty when you all had sat at the cafe.

"Well then it's decided. We should head our way back to the Grim Reaper Dispatch, " William concluded once the arrangement had been made. "We should hurry. It's pointless to be sitting around here."

"(Y/N) is that you?" A deep voice questioned out from the side. You glanced over to see the shop keeper James leaning over from the railing of the cafe's outside gated section.

"Oh hey James," you greeted the shop keeper with a smile surprised to find him here. "I wasn't expecting to see you. How are you?" You then noticed how all of the reapers had stiffened upon hearing his name, most likely mistaking him to be the one who had kidnapped the reapers.

"I've been doing all right so far. Fortunately, the shop's customers have been increasing as of lately. It really helps to bring good business," James answered before his gaze slid over to skim over the reapers that were there. "Who are your friends?"

You immediately perked to attention knowing that it would be a good time to inform the reapers that this wasn't the James that you were looking for. "James this is William, Ronald and Grell," you introduced gesturing to each reaper. "Guys this is James, a shop owner who runs a shop around here; not the one that we're looking for."

"Oh! I'm sorry I wasn't aware that you were looking for someone. I apologize if I interrupted something," he said.

"It's perfectly fine," you reassured though you noticed that William had shot you an annoyed glare.