Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart

October

"I've decided that we should all go on a vacation."

You quickly glanced up from the book you were reading and glanced over to Ciel who sat behind his desk, several papers in his hands, but he wasn't looking at them and instead seemed to be contemplating something. You shifted from where you sat in the chair opposite to him so that you could face him properly, surprise written on your face because of what he had said.

"A vacation?"

Ciel nodded his head to your question, his blue eye glancing over the desk to where he sat and he placed the papers down onto the table. A small sigh left him as he leaned his head on the palm of his hand, his gaze earnestly watching you and you placed the book to the side focusing on the younger male. "We've been busy for the last couple of months. I think that it wouldn't hurt if we were to go on a vacation. What do you think?"

"Do you really have to ask what I think about this," you said jokingly, an amused smile on your face that seemed to make Ciel smile in response. "Of course I'd love to go on a vacation. It be a nice change in scenery than being here at the manor. Not like there's anything bad with being here at the manor," you quickly inputted with a sheepish expression. "Where were you thinking about going?"

"The beach house that we went to months ago."

You nodded your head, remembering the beach house that Ciel had taken everyone too months ago out in the country, and you could fondly reminisce on the time you spent in the town and with the others.

"I think everyone would love that. I sure enough know I like that idea," you stated, turning to look at Ciel who had a happy smile on his face, happy that you seemed to like the idea. "Any ideas on when you wanted to leave." It was not like you had any plans for the rest of the week, you were simply curious on the decision that Ciel had made and truthfully, you were ecstatic to return to the beach house. It didn't feel like you truly got to enjoy everything the last time you had been there as you had also been focused on training your magic skills, something that you were still doing.

Ciel looked hesitant, his gaze flashing down to the table before glancing back to look at you. "You don't think later on today would be too soon do you?"

You paused, thinking over it for a moment before shaking your head, your gaze glancing back to Ciel. "I don't think that it should be too bad. I'm honestly certain we got prepared for something at less time than that. Since we're all servants of the Phantomhive manor, we're able to adjust to anything," you joked, referring to the others as well.

"So then later on today then." Ciel nodded confidently and he picked up the papers again as he grabbed a pen with his other hands. It had to be another matter from the Queen then or maybe it was just simply several documents that he was having to look over.

"What about the Queen?" That was the question that had been nagging the back of your mind ever since he had brought up the vacation. Each and every day, the Queen was constantly sending Ciel documents to look over, more so now than before and you detested the fact that she was constantly working Ciel.

"What about her?"

"Would she allow you to take a vacation?"

At this Ciel glanced up at you, fully giving you his attention and the papers slid down to settle on the desk once again. An amused smile settled over his face as he lightly chuckled and as he glanced at you, you noticed the hint of mirth in his gaze. "Don't worry. I already asked her about it a few days ago. She's fine with allowing me to take a vacation as long as we're back by next week."

"Next week huh," you repeated, counting the days ahead and realizing that it would give you five days. "Awfully generous of her," you said sarcastically, reaching back out to grab your book and bringing it back to rest it on your lap.