His Butler, Dissolution

December

You swerved past Mey-Rin who was coming out of Ciel's room with his luggage in her hands, going to bring it to the carriage like you had done just moments before. It was finally the day when Ciel would embark on his journey to Paris and you would be accompanying both him and Sebastian on the trip. You had already packed and placed all of the belongings you had been planning to bring in the carriage and all that you were waiting on was Ciel.

The said boy was standing directly in front of the large windows in his bedroom while everyone passed by behind him as they carried his belongings out to the carriage. With a small smile, you headed over towards the boy before stopping at his side, Ciel glancing over to you with a soft expression. "Are you ready to head to Paris?" You curiously asked him. He had been quiet for the last few days prior to the date of departure and you knew that it was because of the Queen.

The Eiffel Tower had been built in Paris and Ciel had gotten word that the Queen would be going to visit. It was obvious enough that he was going to Paris himself to confront the Queen, something that you were nervous for as you knew the events that were to happen. A small sigh left you at this. The confrontation between the Queen and Ash was too be expected, as was the concluding arc of this story, but truthfully you wished that the ending would be stalled. Nevertheless, you knew this couldn't happen. Things were bound to come to an end sooner or later.

Ciel had been silent for a moment as if trying to organize his thoughts before speaking. With a quick glance at you, he turned his gaze back outside the window, a barely audible sigh coming from the earl. "I'll be as ready as I'll ever be," he responded. "I must get my questions answered from the Queen and the only way I'll be able to do that is if I go to Paris myself." He fell silent once again and you knew that his thoughts on the current situation was plaguing him.

Sympathy grew in you at the sight of him. Even if he didn't reveal what he felt on the outside, you knew that there was turmoil rolling inside him at the moment. Right there in that instance, you promised to yourself that you would remain by his side in Paris. This was when he needed somebody with him the most.

"Excuse me. My young master."

Sebastian's familiar voice made both Ciel and you turn to the entrance of the bedroom, Sebastian regally standing there though what caught you in alarm was the reserved expression on his face.

"I've taken care of all of our lodgings," the demon butler announced, Ciel quickly turning away at this.

"Very well Sebastian."

Growing uneasy at the expression Sebastian was giving Ciel, you were brought from your thoughts at the sudden question of Finny, the gardener carrying several luggage. "I say young master, where are you going?" He was instantly pounded on the head by Baldroy's fist, the cook having a disgruntled look on his face at the ludicrous question Finny had just asked.

"You mean to tell me that you've been helping out with packing all this time without even knowing?" Baldroy drilled, Finny sheepishly glancing away from the stern gaze of the cook.

Ciel deeply sighed, his eye closing for a moment before he opened it once again to gaze out the window. "Paris." That was the sole word Ciel said in response to Finny's question. Your gaze could only drift between Sebastian and Ciel, noting the tension that spiked in the room, an uneasy feeling that only made you nervous.

"Since it seems that you guys have it covered I'm going to start heading out to the carriage," you informed the servants who were about done gathering all of Ciel's belongings. After your goodbyes with the rest of the servants, you headed down the hallway finally having the chance to be alone for the first time for the day. There was a restless feeling lingering inside as you walked down the large hallways and a small bud of dread rest heavy in your chest, one that you knew would only grow the closer you got to Paris.