Her Acquaintance, Tea

September

There was a slight chill in the afternoon air as you waited at the entrance of Weston College and you drew the coat you wore closer to your being, huddling in the warmth of the thick wool as you patiently waited. Students walked past you, some carrying books for their classes or simply talking with groups of friends as they headed into the campus. A few of them would cast you looks as you leaned against the wall of the front building, lightly rocking on your feet, your hands pushed deeply into your pockets to conserve your warmth. The days prior, Edward had asked you to meet outside of Weston's campus to ask you something. From what he had written in the letter he sounded serious and surprisingly hesitant, but you had agreed to meet him. It was only reasonable that he was taking a while to get here, you had left the manor earlier than the meetup time, wanting to get there before him.

You pulled the coat closer to you, your breaths coming out in small wisps of clouds and you watched as they floated up until they dissipated in the cold air. "(Y/N)." At the sound of your name, you glanced to the left finding Edward approaching with a small smile and a wave of his hand. The knight was dressed in casual, but regal clothes, something that was a large contrast to the uniforms that he would usually wear.

"Hey Edward." You cheerfully greeted the blond boy with a large smile on your face, your gaze roaming over the outfit that he was wearing for the day. "You look really nice," you commented, your compliment gaining you a large smile from the knight as he looked down at the long trench coat that he was wearing. "I'm so used to seeing you in uniforms though," you added with a light chuckle.

"Thanks." He gave you a smile as he shifted from the middle of the pathway, allowing students to head through the doorway that led into the Weston. "I don't have any classes today and I'm off duty," he explained, coming to a stop at your side. "So I don't have to wear uniform for the day."

"It must be nice to not wear your uniform." You lightly chuckled as you glanced down at your own casual clothes that you wore "I know it's nice when I don't have to wear the Phantomhive uniform. Even though, Ciel's sorta given up on enforcing me to wear them."

"You don't like them?" Edward curiously asked, a small teasing smile on his face as he waited for you to answer.

"They're not bad, but I prefer wearing something comfortable like my daily clothes," you answered with a small laugh before peering up at him curiously. "So why did you call me out here? It seemed serious."

Edward was quiet, the look of uncertainty flashing in his eyes for a second while he hesitantly rubbed the back of his neck. "How about I tell you when we're away from the school," he said, his gaze flashing around to look at the students who surrounded you.

It was obvious that whatever he was planning on telling you was important and possibly personal to him so it was understanding that he wanted to tell you away from the prying ears of everyone.

"Sure," you told him with a reassuring smile, lightly patting him on the shoulder before stepping back and turning to face him. With a large smile and your hands drawn behind your back, you tilted your head inquisitively in a playful manner. "So where are we off to now Sir Midford? I'm sure you weren't planning on lingering here at the school the entire time."

Edward lowly chuckled, shaking his head as he watched your silly demeanor. "Of course not. If it's my day off and if I get to spend it with you, I want to make sure that it's worthwhile," he said, his response making you lightly laugh, amused at his words. A smile crossed his face at the sound of your laugh. "How about the park? I heard that there was a new stand that was selling pastries there."

"Pastries?"

Edward nodded his head, the smile still tugging on his lips as he watched you and he approached your side. "From what I know they have a small variety there. Stuff like cinnamon rolls and croissants."