Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive

October

"Good morning."

With a small yawn, you stumbled from the hallway and greeted Ciel, the young earl seeming to have gotten up earlier than you. He stood over near the kitchen most likely having gotten hungry for the morning. You wondered if he was waiting for Sebastian to wake up to fix him breakfast... Well wherever the demon butler was. After coming home last night from gathering berries, he had wished you a good night while ruffling your hair before vanishing into the shadows of the night. Shaking your head to the rid yourself of the embarrassing night, you slowly walked over to where he stood. Upon hearing your words, Ciel glanced up from where he was leaning against the small table that was just near the kitchen.

"Good morning (Y/N)." He greeted, a tired expression being on his face and present in his eyes when you glanced over his figure. It was clear that the young earl was tired, perhaps he hadn't had a good chance to sleep last night. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up."

"When did you wake up?" You asked him rather worriedly upon seeing how tired he was and there was a sense of dread in wondering if it could be due to nightmares. "Are you okay? You're not feeling ill are you?"

Ciel seemed to wake up a bit more at your words and he straightened himself as his line of sight on where you stood in front of him. It was clear that he was glancing over the worried expression on your face, perhaps wondering why you were so worried though you had every reason to be. A small smile crossed his face and he seemed almost happy before he gave a small shake of his head. "Don't worry. I'm not sick or anything. Just took a while to adjust sleeping here rather than at the Phantomhive Manor like I'm used to."

A sigh of relief left you upon hearing his explanation, glad that it wasn't anything too dire and you gave him a small smile. "If you're having trouble sleeping, I have a spell that can help with that."

"It's okay (Y/N)." He gave a low shake of his head denying your suggestion though this didn't bother you one bit. When he wasn't using anyone, the earl had always seemed adamant on solving things by himself and you could only respect his wishes. "It won't be long before I get adjusted to staying here for the time being." He glanced around the kitchen and the small common area, his single eye closely peering around the area and it was clear that he was looking for something.

"Are you looking for Sebastian?" You curiously asked seeing no other reason and Ciel quickly glanced back at you.

"I am. He's supposed to be making breakfast for me, but I don't see him anywhere. Nor is there any food ready." The blueish-black hair earl fumed from where he stood, clearly upset that there wasn't any breakfast for him to be eating on at the moment and you couldn't help but laugh at his action.

For someone who didn't view himself as a kid, he did seem to still have some characteristics of one. And truthfully, it was a bit cute seeing this side of the younger earl.

Ciel glanced away at the sound of your laugh, his cheeks seeming to be a bit red in color and he almost seemed to be shy. Clearing his throat for a moment as if this would help to hid his flustered appearance, he turned back to you questioningly. "You wouldn't happen to know where he is would you?' He asked, clearly trying to gain some insight on where the demon butler was.

With a small smile, you shook your head before glancing up to peer around the room. "Sorry, but I haven't. The last time that I saw Sebastian was yesterday. I'm sure that he's probably around here somewhere though."

At your words, Ciel could only deeply sigh and it was clear that he was disgruntled at the disappearance of his butler at a very important time of day. "That demon better get here fast before I-"