Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts

As stated in the title, this chapter contains simply of mini shorts of your time in Black Butler.

  "I'll see you later," you called into Ciel's study room just before you closed the door leaving Ciel to his duties. There wasn't much to do for the day, you had finished most of your chores earlier in the day and you had no reason to leave the Manor.

   'Maybe I should just practice over some spells,' you pondered, mindlessly wandering down the hall with no specific point in mind to go to. 'It would help to practice over some of them, especially to get stronger to be able to use more spells. The Manor has been pretty quiet for the day. I'm sure the others are around here somewhere.'

   Puzzling to say, you weren't exactly sure where Sebastian of all people was. When you had visited Ciel just prior, you were certain that you would find the demon butler in the room along with him, yet when you had entered you had been surprised to find Ciel alone. 

   The only thing you could assume was that he was off doing some other duties around the rest of the Phantomhive Manor, perhaps cooking something for Ciel's lunch or making sure the other servants weren't messing up their own duties. You shrugged, knowing that you would probably run into him sometime later in the day, maybe it would give you the chance to ask him to make the cake you had wanted to try.

   You frowned, really desperately hoping that he wasn't razzing Pluto at the moment not knowing the extent of what Sebastian would do to the demon hound he wholeheartedly dislike. But, there was a greater chance that Pluto was with Finny which you wouldn't exactly be surprised as the two of them were known to be close and usually together.

   "(Y/N)!" Mey-Rin's voice shouted prompting you to turn to find her racing down the hall toward you. Her maid attire was covered with small specks of dirt which you inferred that she must have been cleaning earlier in the day.

   "Oh hey Mey-Rin!" You cheerfully greeted the maid waiting for her to reach you, noting that she looked flustered and out of breath. You raised an eyebrow upon watching her stumble her way toward you, slightly swaying in her step and it seemed to you that she was doing all she could not to bump into something. "You okay?"

   "Oh! yeah," she heavily breathed. "I just happened to run into Sebastian earlier. He was cleaning the windows and had his shirt sleeves pulled up!" She heavily blushed indicating that she was daydreaming about the butler. 

   "And what about Baldroy?" You playfully asked snapping Mey-Rin out of her daydream and making her focus her attention back onto you. 

   "What about Baldroy?" She shyly asked, taping the index of her fingers together and averting her eyes. She wasn't making it easier on herself right about now.

   "Don't think I haven't noticed it, lately you and Bard have been closer than you usually are. And the way the two of you act whenever you're together is really noticeable. I'm sure even Finny can see that there is clearly something going on between the two of you."

   "There's nothing going on between Bard and me! Really," Mey-Rin exclaimed, though her quivering figure and slightly red cheeks did nothing to convince you otherwise. "Let's go! We should probably head to the kitchen, I haven't gotten the chance to go in there and clean." She quickly hurried off, leaving you behind to stare after her with an amused smile.

   'I know there's something going on Mey-Rin.'

   "Why don't later on today we go and practice together? It's been a while since I've last seen you used your sniper." You suggested falling in line with her as you both headed toward the kitchen. It had been a while since you had last seen Mey-Rin use her sniper, an action that always managed to impress you whenever you got the chance to watch her. She was a far better sniper than the anime showed and truth be honest you would be terrified if you were her target.