Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1

December

"How- How can you be here?"

"Did you miss me?" A large grin crossed onto Malcom's face as he stared across the ruined bridge, his cold blue eyes never once leaving where you rigidly stood, a dark mischievous look swirling around in them. His right hand crept up to slid into his pocket, pushing back the black trench coat that he was wearing and he smirked, the all to familiar and grotesque gesture making a sickening feeling grow inside your stomach.

"I should have known." These hushed words circulated around the open area, the stillness allowing everyone to hear what you had said. "All those clues that obviously pointed towards you. And yet I was too blind to realize." Stupidity was the only thing you felt. The overwhelming sense of foolishness, distress and self deprecation on being so ignorant when the clues were clearly there; clearly showed that Malcom was the real culprit behind the destruction that had followed you these countless years. "How could I not have realized it?"

"My question exactly; how could you not have realized that it was me? I even left you all those clues and yet you blindly ignored each and every one of them. Now how exactly did you fail to do that my apprentice?"

He stepped forward which was nothing but a small action but still forbidding enough to make you tense, body ready to step back if needed to. Ciel and Sebastian both noticed this, Sebastian's red eyes sliding to look at you from his peripherals, yet neither of them commented on this realizing that it was best not too.

"So then it was really you. Everything that happened around me was because of you. Wasn't it!"

"Why are you asking me this when you already know the answer to that question?" Malcom bemusedly asked, that same sly smirk remaining on his face as he watched each movement that you made.

"The former Earl Trancy, breaking into the Phantomhive Manor, kidnapping the other James and killing the reapers, even the fucking magic book was just you messing around with everyone and me!"

"If you want to list all that I have done then yes, I admit to having done all of them."

A cold sense of realization struck you, a crushing state of horror that made your body stiffen and your mind to reel. A sickening sensation grew from within, one that made bile rise to the back of your throat and your body to quiver.

"Don't tell me... D-Did you kill my parents?"

There was a still silence that hung over the bridge the moment you had said this, a foreboding feeling that seemed to creep up from not only yourself, but from Ciel as well. Sebastian didn't seem worried, but there was a wary expression on his face as he watched Malcom knowing himself that he needed to be careful in his presence.

Malcom was quiet for a moment, the grin that had disappeared from his face moments ago beginning to creep back onto his face, the whites of his teeth slightly being displayed behind his lips, the expression itself being nothing but a dreadful sight to see. A low deep chuckle began from the tall man, one that increased to full amused laughter as Malcom pulled his hand out from his pocket.

"Do you really have to ask me a question of that sort? Even you should have realized the truth to the death of your parents if you had the slightest idea that I was involve, but since you also want a direct answer for that, then yes. I was the one who killed your parents."

And with that a heavy revolting weight dropped to the pit of your stomach. The bile that had risen to the back of your throat threatened to come out and your eyes begun to sting, a burning sting and tears welled up in your eyes. The world surrounding had become silent; a haze had fallen over it preventing you from focusing on what was happening. You wanted to break down, to collapse to the ground right there, but your legs wouldn't move, wouldn't listen no matter the responses that your brain would send to it.