Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty

"Umm Ciel." You peered into his study room, your gaze trailing over to glance at the said boy who sat behind his desk, a pen in his hand while he went over several papers. He instantly glanced up once he heard you call his name, placing the pen to the side while he focused his full attention on you.

"I'm going to be heading out now," you informed him, stepping a bit further into the door, but remaining near it as you didn't intend on staying long.

"Okay thanks for letting me know," he responded watching your face to see any break in your composed nature. "You said that you were planning on going to Weston, correct?"

"Yeah, Edward invited me to come visit him at the school since its been a while," you confirmed, turning back around to step out of the room.

"(Y/N)," Ciel suddenly called, making you halt in your pace and turn around once again. "How are you doing? Are you sure about this? You haven't left the house in a while."

You were quiet, your gaze examining the lines of the door before giving Ciel your full attention. Although you wanted to lie, you had promised Ciel that you were going to be honest with him. "Things are better," you faintly told him, your fingers tugging on the edge of your shirt. "I wouldn't say perfectly fine, but alright. I'm sure about doing this. It's been a while since I've gone out, I think it would be best for myself if I get some fresh air for a while."

"Well if you believe that this is the best for you then I won't hold you back any longer," Ciel stated carefully watching your meek figure with calculating eyes the work besides him discarded to the side as he focused his full attention onto you. "I'm glad though, that things are at least getting a little bit better for you. When you come back you can come spend some time with me."

You gave him a small happy smile, glad that he had suggested this and looking forward to getting the chance to talk to Ciel after all this time. "Sure. I'll look forward to it. I'll see you later Ciel."

With a small wave, you headed out of the room closing the door behind you and leaving Ciel behind with his work. As you made your way down the hall, you could only wonder where Sebastian was in the manor since you were accustomed to seeing him with Ciel. You hadn't seen him for the entirety of the day, but you could only guess that he was somewhere most likely finishing up his other duties that he usually had for the day.

With a shrug of your shoulders, you continued your way down the hall only guessing that he was either cleaning or fixing Ciel's next meal for the day. You had crossed the paths of the other servants earlier taking the time to assist them with what ever duties they had, before telling them your goodbyes for the day. Locking the front door, you headed down the steps of the Manor, your line of steps directed towards the carriage that was parked out front. "Thank you again for taking me Tanaka!" You called up to the coach.

There sitting up in coach in his normal form was Tanaka already gripping the reigns of the horses while he waited for you. "Oh it was nothing at all," he cheerfully hummed. "I have nothing to do all day so it would be good to go out for a change. Might go walk around the town nearby while you're at the college."

"Well as long as I'm not preventing you from doing anything," you said giving him a small smile before climbing up into the carriage. As the carriage pulled away from the manor, a wave of uncertainty washed over you causing you to ball your hands into fist in your lap. It had been a while since you had left the manor without anyone in a while. Truth be told the last time you had left the manor was back when Alois had come and that had been two weeks ago.

Much as you didn't want to admit it, you were slightly beginning to regret agreeing to meet Edward at Weston. It would be nice to see Edward, but Weston College was such a crowded area and you didn't exactly want to be surrounded by so many people. It took a while before the carriage finally came to a stop outside the gates of Weston. "Thanks for driving me here Tanaka," you thanked the elderly man, watching as he slowly made his way down from the carriage. You helped him make his way down the older man thanking you once he had reached the ground.