Sebastian Ending

"We'll see you when you return!"

The merry exclamations of the servants made you laugh and look over to where they stood just meters away, waving to both Sebastian and you, the two of you sitting at the front of the wagon. Once again, Ciel had brought everyone from the Phantomhive Manor to the country home on a break that he had been given by the Queen. Having gotten lower on supplies, Sebastian and you was heading to the town to buy some more supplies. The others; Ciel including, was staying behind at the cottage while the two of you left.

"We won't be long," you called back to them and with another wave, the wagon was soon heading off down the road, Sebastian gripping the reigns as he navigated the way to town. With a small stretch, you turned to where Sebastian sat on your right, the demon butler glancing from the road and to you, a small amused smirk crossing onto his face. "What all do we have to get from the town when we get there?"

"A few ingredients that I need in order to fix dinner for the day," Sebastian responded, glancing back to look at the dirt road. "Additionally, we'll be needing a few things for the cottage itself."

You nodded your head, humming slightly upon hearing his answer and you leaned back into the seat, watching as the scenery flew by. "There's a few thing that I have to get once we get there," you stated, thinking how the supplies you packed was beginning to dwindle now that a few days had passed. "If they even have them that is," you said.

The town was a small one so there was a chance that it wouldn't have what you needed. There was a better chance at finding the ingredients that Sebastian needed at the local stores.

"I'm sure that they'll have what you're looking for," Sebastian said with a low chuckle, his red eyes sliding over to look at you while he continued to drive. "I'll be sure to keep an eye open when we're there."

"Thanks for that Sebastian," you happily said, feeling grateful for the demon butler that sat at your side. With a content sigh, you settled further into the seat, the action causing Sebastian to sigh though you noticed the amused glance that he gave you. Seeing this, a small playful smile crossed onto your face and lightly you laughed finding fun with messing with the demon. It was quiet for a moment as the wagon lurched down the road, softly rolling over the small hills that lined the landscape and in the distance, you could spot the silhouettes of the buildings of the town.

"How are you feeling?"

At the sudden words of Sebastian, you looked back over to find that he was facing the road, however, his pupils had slid over to look at you from the corner of his eyes. With this you slightly shifted to a straightened stance, having heard the underlying worriedness that was in his voice.

"Don't worry Sebastian I'm feeling fine," you answered, giving him a reassuring smile and unconsciously you reached back to touch the scar that slashed across your back. "It doesn't bother me anymore and its healed, although it'll remain as a scar." It had been a year since the conflict with Malcom but for everyone especially yourself, that night was still fresh in your mind.

"And the nightmares are gone right?"

At this you nodded, confirming what he had said and this was something that you were happy about. "I haven't had any for a few months now." You paused for a moment thinking over something before you turned to Sebastian, a small smile on your face. "It's thanks to you and everyone else that I was able to get by during this last year. Thanks for being supportive and helping me when I needed it."

Sebastian was quiet, but you saw a pensive look on his face before the slivers of a melancholic smile replaced it. "Of course. For you I would do all that I could to make sure that you're safe." He reached over with his left hand while using his right to continue steering the wagon and curiously you watched him only for Sebastian to place a hand on your head. He ruffled it softly and there was a comforting smile on his face as he did so.