Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler

Warning, the first part of the chapter consist of depressive themes, so skip if you must.

Running. That was the only thing that you could do. It was a never ending chase, away from something... that thing that always managed to follow after you no matter how much you tried to get away.

Breathing heavily, you dashed through the paranormal world doing all you could do to evade the 'monster'. A slight stumble was all it took to draw the creature in closer and you whimpered out as cold fingers dug into your shirt.

Pulling away you resume your running. Running... that was all you could do. Running away from your fears, running from the people that you loved.

'You're weak. You are nothing,'

Voices whispered around you as you ran and no matter how far you got they would always continued to whisper. 'Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!' You yelled out internally, ever so desperately trying to force the voices out of your head.

You stopped in place, this being due to the figure blocking your path in front of you. Whirling around, you came to find that there was a wall blocking you, preventing you from turning around and escaping.

"Please... stop it," you whispered out as you backed up until your back hit the wall. "I told you to leave. To never come back! Why are you here?! I thought that time of my life was over!"

The figure however continued to advance its way toward you not heeding to the yells you threw at it. "Leave me alone!" The phantom fingers once again returned, this time they began to crawl up your torso, gripping and pulling.

The cold, seething familiar face leaned down to sneer upon your puny figure making you gaze up at it distress. "I said leave me alone!" You yelled out just as the figure reached out a hand toward you.

You were jerked out of your sleep upon feeling hands roughly shake you awake. You immediately shoved yourself away from the hands that had awoken you, terrified that they were the same hands that had haunted you in your sleep.

Someone shouted your name, however, you were still to lost in the pit of the dream to actually hear them. Their voice seemed to come at a distance and you did nothing but shrink away from the hands that reached out to you.

Your body was sticky with sweat, causing the sheets of the bed to stick to your body which was a sickly feeling to you. "(Y/N)," you finally heard the figure soothingly hush out while you panted from where you sat.

You glanced at the figure, your vision finally clearing to where you could easily see the person who stood at your side. "Sebastian?" you questioningly whispered out.

"(Y/N)," you heard him repeat with clarity with a sigh of relief. "It seems that you were having a nightmare. How are you feeling?" He asked you in a worried tone.

"I'm parched," was all that you could mumbled out. The top to the roof of your mouth felt dry like sandpaper, a texture that disgusted you.

Sebastian's dim eyes glanced into your exhausted ones before standing up from where he leaned. Immediately, your hand darted out to grab onto his wrist, preventing him before taking a step away. Sebastian gazed down at you perturb by your demeanor.

"Don't leave me here alone," you pleaded up to him with widened terrified eyes.

Sebastian bent down to gently unwrap your hand from around his wrist prompting you to panic at this. "I'm just going to ask one of the others to bring you something. I'm not going to leave," he reassured as he rubbed the top of your head.