Chapter One

"Great love stories do not begin great. The truth is they start off simple, they start off in an unassuming manner, just like one girl trying to look for a library book and finding out another person has borrowed it – the guy she would most probably spend the rest of her life with. And really those are the moments I write for – the moments when two souls cross each other and somewhere above someone cackles in laughter because He knows this was bound to happen."

Applause met her answer to the fan's question and Shen Yue could not help but flash a smile.

She had hit gold not only with her answer but with her career.

She finally wrote a story that would resonate with thousands, even millions, of people.

"Thank you Ms. Shen", the host by her side who was facilitating this fanmeet and media day event, responded and then turned to the audience, "And thank you to every one of you too, who took time off to be a part of this event today."

It all became a blur afterwards as she went down the podium to thank as many people as she could.

She really wanted to make them feel how grateful she was for all of this.

She has been writing for such a long time but she has never had the kind of response this book has given her. She truly considers it a blessing.

A group started taking pictures with her and a deluge of others grabbed her but she didn't mind. This was amazing.

It took about 30 minutes more before she could finally exit the room and she was ushered to the interim room where she left her bag and laptop.

"Thank you so much Liu Tao-jie", she told her publisher now.

"YueYue! We should be thanking you. Just don't forget ok?", the older woman used her nickname, "I have dibs on your next book!"

She nodded. "Of course! My next book is all yours!"

"Excuse me, Yue", she heard her Papa's voice from behind her and saw him holding out her phone "Zuer is calling."

She immediately took the phone from her Father who had assigned himself as her driver for today's event.

"Hi Zuer!" she happily greeted the woman on the other line.

"Yue I am sorry if this is a bother! We know you are super busy but Feiyu and I really just wanted to call to congratulate you!"

"Zuer! Stop that! You will never be a "bother"! AND!!! We both know, you should actually be here with me!"

It was Zuer and Feiyu's story of enduring love that she had written about.

She changed their identities and everyone else involved in the story as well as anything that could give away who they were though because like all great love stories, there were some people who got hurt along the way before Zuer and Feiyu could end up together.

"Let us see each other very soon ok??? You always take care of yourself and please... tell Feiyu to stop playing matchmaker for me!" she bid them goodbye in laughter.

She looked to her side, expecting to see her Father standing beside her but was surprised to see him about five meters away, talking to another woman, who looked like her age.

The woman looked really familiar.

"Pa?" she called out to him.

"Oh! Are you and Zuer done with your call?" he asked her, pausing from talking to the woman.

"Yes Pa", she answered.

"I want you to meet Wang Zi Wei", her Father made the necessary introductions, "We met a while ago at the coffee shop because she was looking for the venue of your fanmeet. She treated me to coffee after I gave her directions and I told her that it would be great if I could introduce you to her."