Chapter Thirty-Four

No one had the chance to give DiDi a lecture.

He bolted for his room as soon as he realized the full impact of what he did and locked the door.

He cannot run after her.

He cannot confront her again and see the fear and anger in her eyes and know that he had done that, he was the cause of that, he was the one who put that there.

He remembered Feiyu's words from long ago and felt something squeeze at his heart – "So... if you cannot have the person you love, you just destroy them?"

Christ.

All he wanted was to be physically closer to Yue since he had not been afforded that opportunity during dinner and he just drove her away, maybe permanently this time.

" I AM NOT A TOY WANG HE DI AND I REFUSE TO BE TREATED LIKE ONE! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

It was still summer but when she said that, DiDi felt ice grip him.

He knows he won't be able to face anyone of his family as well so at one in the morning, he decided to leave.

The whole house was covered in darkness and he really thought he was home free when a cough from the living room stopped him.

He turned and saw Kido.

"Just in time Wang He Di."

***

"We're on our way", Kido reported to someone over the phone.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Yi Fan."

"And why are the two of you talking?", his brow rose up.

"They're at your place."

His future brother-in-law not only gave him an "almost" heart attack but announced to him that he had been waiting in that living room so they could go back to his condo together.

Kido did not ask what he did to Yue.

He did not scold him.

He only said he waited for him so they could go back together but after that phone call, he knows now.

He'd see all of his boys and he didn't have a choice about it.

***

It was almost 2 AM and they were causing a ruckus.

"GIVE ME MY MONEY!" Xiao Tian was telling Xi Ze as soon as DiDi and Kido opened the door.

All four men turned towards the new arrivals and Xi Ze stood up from the sofa to perform a head lock on DiDi.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS????" he shouted at the other guy.

"I'M TRYING TO BREAK YOUR NECK BECAUSE I LOST MONET OVER YOU IDIOT! I EXPECTED YOU TO BE TOUGHER THAN THIS! YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T LIKE HER!!!" Xi Ze told him as he was hurtled towards the living room where beer is overflowing.

So, Xi Zi finally used the spare key he gave him. And trust his best friend to bring in cartons of beer cans. GREAT.

"I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE HER WHEN YOU ASKED ME OK! AND STOP SQUEEZING MY NECK OR I AM GOING TO THROW ALL OF YOU OUT!"

Xi Ze ribbed him and then finally let him go. He massaged his neck due to the pressure.

"Xi Ze, if you really thought Di would follow you and Xi Zi's footsteps and not be serious with a woman, especially this woman, you are an idiot. They had this weird energy around them the first time I saw them together", Xiao Tian smiled like he had won the grand lotto.