Chapter Thirty-Nine

Gao Zhi Ting arrived home to laughter.

And that was good.

He and Dong Xin love each other so much but like every couple, they are going through strains during their wedding preparations. No matter how much he had already arranged for it prior to his girlfriend saying yes, when family gets involved (and they both have quite big families), tensions can really run high.

The amount of stress lately made him consider why he didn't just ask her to marry him in a simple ceremony in London.

Still, whenever he manages to step back from all of it, he is reminded that he did all of this because she deserves THIS wedding – THEY deserve this wedding.

He is getting married to the most beautiful woman in the world and there is nothing else he would ask for. Maybe the only reason the past days have been a struggle is because this woman he would be spending his life with is worth every challenge.

"You both look happy!"

"Babe!" Xin exclaims and stands up to hug him.

He inhales her scent in, knowing he would never get tired of it.

"Welcome home Mr. Gao Zhi Ting! You arrived earlier than we expected. Now, we won't have the chance to talk about you", Yue told him.

"Is that the reason why the two of you are laughing so loud the neighbors can hear it?"

"Yes", Xin confirmed, smiling mischievously at him.

He laughed. He hadn't seen mischief in his wife-to-be's eyes for days now. Thank God Yue has decided to stay with them to help ease off a little of the pressure Xin has been feeling.

Truly, there are things that sometimes, it is only a best friend who can work on.

"Wang He Di came by to apologize", the "angel" best friend now added, "and your wife has been planning how to poison him during your reception. I am worried that another person might fall victim."

His eyes widened like saucers. That is good news! "Wang He Di apologized?"

Zhi Ting knows about the man and Yue just as well as Dong Xin.

Their friend nodded. "He came by this morning –"

A phone rang, cutting the rest of the sentence, and they all looked at their sides. Xin lifted her phone. "Oh! This is from the London Officer. I will just step out and you two continue talking."

He held his hand up. "Babe, take that call here. Yue and I will talk outside so you can have quiet in the background."

"Ok."

He and Yue headed for the veranda.

"So you were saying?", he prodded, not losing his beat.

Shen Yue smiled and picked it up. "He arrived around 30 minutes after you left, I think."

"I'm amazed he managed to get inside the house or... did he apologize outside?"

The woman laughed. "He managed to get inside although Xin warmed me to not come out of the kitchen and let her talk to him."

"And????"

"I really didn't have any plans to talk to him, you know. But then I heard him say he wanted to apologize."

"So you caved?"

Yue punched him in the shoulder. "Gao Zhi Ting stop smirking at me like that!"

"WHAT?!?!?!?!"