Chapter Twenty-One

"I just want it to be clear. Are we angry with Wang He Di or not?"

Dong Xin asked her as soon as she answered her best friend's call the day after the Entrepreneur's Gala.

Yue was at a lost as to how she could respond to that.

The other woman was the first one she talked to right after her first encounter with the Wang Corporation Heir.

It would be awkward indeed to still be angry with him especially when you consider how Dong Xin talked to DiDi when Yue unwittingly left her phone in his unit and now, news is out that they were each other's date for a big event.

There was no explanation that would make it reasonable for her to "still" be angry. She would look like a crazed lunatic.

"We are not angry with him" she answered.

And that is somehow true. She IS the only one furious with Wang He Di.

Raging.

Livid.

"SO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It's nothing big really. I am getting to know the person."

"Getting to know him? Really? He took you as his date to the biggest event for businessmen last night and you two are just at the getting to know one another stage? I am looking at your picture now, page six, Society Life."

She should have expected it, Yue told herself.

"Yes. We are still getting to know each other."

There was a snort. "You know you sound defensive right? And I won't judge you because you initially disliked him. Remember that I hated Zhi Ting before too. I wouldn't even talk to him."

"It's just... it's complicated right now. I really don't know what to talk about."

That is again true. Her whole life is so complicated at the moment, she doesn't even know how to begin explaining it.

"Well, we will be seeing you and him on Saturday. I will be seeing the two of you on the flesh!"

Something like a punch hit Yue's stomach at the reminder of Saturday dinner.

"Of course. Definitely."

"Don't you even think of hiding him from us because Jia Qi has already talked to him and she's shared the encounter with the whole gang."

"WHAT?!?!?!"

Dong Xin burst out laughing. "She was quite shocked with how handsome he was when he answered the video call. And she was more shocked when she finally realized who he is. So... she told everyone."

It was futile to even ask why her best friend was not able to stop the other woman.

"Please don't embarrass me on Saturday."

"Woman! We waited so long to embarrass you in front of a potential boyfriend! I'm sure the same will happen when you meet Wang He Di and his friends. That's how life works!"

Good thing they're talking over the phone because Dong Xin cannot see her shaking her head in frustration at the wall.

She doesn't know if she would be able to survive Saturday.

"Maybe we shouldn't go."

"SHEN YUE TAKE THAT BACK! YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! YOU ARE MY MAID OF HONOR AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABSENT ON THE MOST IMPORTANT DATES OF MY LIFE!"