Chapter Sixty-Six

This day had so much good cheer, Shen Yue even joked with herself that she would go through years of being in an unrequited love, just to experience all of this again.

"OH MY GOD! I have to tell Mommy!!!", Zi Wei sprang up from her seat and immediately went back to their room to get her phone.

"And there goes the cavalry...", Yi Fan remarked.

"I can imagine how happy Aunt Yu Yan is going to be with this news", Xiao Tian commented and then turned to Yue, "Have you met her?"

"She has dinner with my family on quite a regular basis", DiDi reminded his friend, "She even has dinner with THEM even if I'm not there."

"It is not my fault you decided to stay in your condo instead of your family home", she told him.

"Well Yue, the next thing you should be watching out for now is DiDi buying property right next to your house", Xi Zi teased and the good-humored smile on DiDi's face told her that it is indeed a possibility.

How much more unbelievable can the guy get?

They heard the patter of feet and saw Zi Wei running back to them. "Mommy, I'll put you on speaker."

"OK. Am I on speaker already?", the Wang Family matriarch's voice floated up to them.

"Good morning Aunt Yu Yan!", all the gentlemen, except for DiDi and Kido, greeted – sounding exactly like toddlers greeting a guest about to enter their schoolroom.

There was laughter on the other line. "Good morning Xi Ze, Yi Fan, Xiao Tian, and Xi Zi! Now... why did I not hear the voice of my children?"

"Good morning Mommy!", both DiDi and Kido greeted back.

Everyone then turned to look at Yue. She felt blood rise to her cheeks. "Uhmmmm... good morning Aunt Yu Yan!"

"Mommy!", Xi Zi mouthed to her.

She shook her head at him in embarrassment.

"Good morning my dear sons", Wang Yu Yan responded, "And to my newest daughter... you must greet me again."

"Told you!", Xi Zi mouthed at her again, grinning.

She had known the Wang Family matriarch for quite a while and as DiDi just said, they have dinner together and she has even stayed for hours at a time at their house but she still cannot help feeling shy about their current situation.

"Go Yue!!!!", Zi Wei cheered her on, breaking the tension knotting at her stomach.

"Uhmmmm... Good Morning Mommy."

The whole room exploded with applause. She reddened.

"Good morning, my beautiful Yue", the woman on the other line responded "Congratulations to you and DiDi! I'm already excited to have you both for dinner. We have so much to talk about."

"Thank you... Mommy. I look forward to it", she responded.

Zi Wei, with a smile as wide as the ocean, picked the phone up "Mommy, make sure you tell Daddy too about this!"

She walked back towards their room, and Yue had never known such relief.

Everyone has been so welcoming of her but... she feels so much pressure from all of it.

If people treat you well, there is more strain in ensuring you return to them the same sentiments and actions they have done towards you. If they treat you badly, you could just walk away from them and brush them off far easier.

She wondered for the nth time whether this is an alternate universe she had stumbled into and one of these days, she is going to wake up and find she had been in a coma for years.