Chapter Fifty-Seven

Rehearsal dinner went smoothly.

Yue stood up from her chair and found DiDi immediately standing by her side, pulling the chair back and offering his arm to her.

The guy "truly" is a perfect gentleman.

And someone who has been making her heart race for almost the whole day already.

She tried to calm her heart down once again but being continually reminded of their conversation where she just agreed with him that this is all going too fast and they are both afraid of that, is not helping at all.

She knows how it is to fall in love with someone. She knows how it is to feel despair. BUT... this is the first time she is feeling that ALONG with someone else.

Yue has never been in that kind of position before and even though she'd written about it, she appreciates now how no words could ever immortalize through a pen the depth of happiness one feels in knowing that they are about to embark on a journey with someone who cares for them.

"I asked for all of your stuff to be moved to my suite", DiDi told her as they crossed the garden threshold.

"What?!?!"

He smirked. "Wouldn't it be weird for us to be staying in different rooms when everyone here knows that we're together?"

She balked a little.

She had not even thought about that.

"But –"

"It's a suite, Yue. There are two rooms. We don't need to share one", his smirk grew wicked, "Unless you want to, though."

She swatted his shoulder, blushing and raring to change the topic. "I had a perfectly good room. You didn't need to get a suite."

"I didn't know you'd be ok with us staying in one room with one bed", he answered casually and then headed for the desk, "I'll ask them if we can move back to your room."

Yue immediately run after him and grabbed his arm. "DIDI!!!!"

He looked at her in earnest. "Hmmmm?"

"What are you doing?!?"

"You offered your room."

She knows her blush is not going to go away anytime soon. "I wasn't thinking clearly", she admitted, "I just initially thought about how much you had to pay for the suite. But you seemed ok with it so, yes, let's go, two rooms it is!"

He barked in laughter and shook his head at her. "I promise to you that there is nothing that I will do to you... unless you want me to."

She is hardly a high-schooler and she is hardly inexperienced in flirting of this kind, but it is so easy for her to lose her footing and act like a sacrificial virgin whenever DiDi makes these kinds of jokes.

Unable to come up with anything as a response to that, she headed for the elevator. "So, what floor do we go to now?"

"I rented out the suite right next to Dong Xin's so you won't need to rush for the preparations tomorrow."

She let out a small sigh of relief upon realizing that DiDi seems to have dropped his teasing.

She knows how much she enjoys being with him and talking to him and having him close to her and just a while ago, she received the assurance she was looking for but her heart "still", at this very moment, continues to pound like two hundred horses decided to take residence inside her rib cage.