Chapter Forty-Three

Despite being active in their company's charity, Wang Yu Yan has visited her son's office only a handful of times.

She had her own and that's where either DiDi or Zi Wei normally talked to her, IF she even decided to go to the office as she could do all her work from home.

Today, though, she decided to wait on her son at his office's adjacent living room where Hao, his assistant, was serving her coffee. A meeting of DiDi's was running overtime.

"How have you been Hao?"

"I am doing great, Ma'am."

She smiled. "DiDi informed me about the house you are building for your family. Congratulations!"

He smiled back. "Thank you, Ma'am."

"Please let me know when you will have a house warming party. Do not forget to invite us."

"Of course, Ma'am. I will make sure that you and Sir He Di will be the first to receive invitations."

"Let me know what house warming gift you like."

"Ma'am, please. You don't need to bring a gift."

She raised a brow at him. "Of course, I will bring a gift Hao! How could you tell me not to bring you anything? If you do not tell me what you like, I shall bring you curtains to last you a year. Let me know the sizes of your windows."

Hao smiled resignedly. He obviously knows not to dissuade her too much. She isn't the Wang matriarch for nothing. "Ma'am, I will be grateful for anything you give me. Thank you very much."

Yu Yan shook her head at him, reminded again why she loves Hao. More than being efficient as her son's assistant, he was a wonderful person overall.

And he reported everything to her, too.

"So... was my son in a very good mood when he arrived this morning?"

"Yes, Ma'am. He actually arrived five minutes earlier than I did. I was quite surprised."

This was the second day that her son's improved mood has been noted because no one seems to have seen him like this in a long long while.

Yesterday, Hao just texted her – "Good morning Ma'am. Sir He Di looks very happy right now. I am reporting to you that Sir Liao Jie, the Project Manager for Nantong, was so shocked he did not get a scolding after reporting that there will be a one-week delay due to weather conditions."

She laughed aloud at this and shared it with her husband.

They had theories as to how it could have happened and truthfully, the reason she decided to visit him today was she was presented with an opportunity to sate her curiosity.

Who could blame a mother for wanting to know?

She was there when DiDi's world crashed all around him.

It broke her heart immensely and she was reminded how fulfilling and yet gut-wrenching it is to have children.

You felt their pain twice.

You felt helpless. Especially when you know that this time around, neither your hugs nor kisses will glue back together the pieces of themselves that have fallen apart.

It becomes harder when you watch them do everything in their power to show to the world that they are alright. Zi Wei embraced her grief and wallowed in pain in front of family and friends but DiDi hid behind closed doors.