Chapter Sixty-Nine

She didn't know that Wang He Di now owns a part of MANTRA.

Somehow that had escaped all of their conversations.

She wondered why he had not thought of telling her about it but everything they had gone through came to mind and she knows that it doesn't matter because knowing who he was and how she had witnessed his struggle in trying to stop her from writing Zi Wei's book, it might have been one of the steps he took and it wouldn't surprise her at all if he indeed had done it for that purpose alone.

The man can be very single-minded in what he wants.

And he himself admitted that with all the resources he has, it could be very easy to be a cruel man.

Yet it isn't this that made her slap Feiyu but his assumption that she is someone who can be bought, that just because she loves someone is she would immediately be blind to their errors, that she could not think for herself.

She wondered how, over the course of their friendship, he could overlook how she's always had the tendency to overthink everything and thus doesn't just get into certain situations without being sure that she is going into them with her eyes wide open.

In this case, she could not say the same for Feiyu because no matter what he knows and even if he is directly one of the "characters" in THIS particular story, he does not see and know everything. He remains blind.

"Even if he is my boyfriend or even if he owns the company that publishes my books, I won't say he is a different man if he really isn't a different man. Feiyu, we have been friends far longer than I have known DiDi personally. Shouldn't you know me better?"

"I thought that but here you are, slapping me because I have the audacity to tell you the truth."

She did not flinch at the sharpness his tone held.

"I slapped you because I want you to wake up and use your head instead of your heart. There is something you are not telling me, Feiyu, and I want to find out what that is. What is it truly that you have come to tell me about DiDi?"

"Yue, he is just using you as a tool to get Zuer back. You probably won't agree with me and you will most likely think that I am only using my heart, but I also know Wang He Di better than you do. I have seen him in his best and in his worst."

"Feiyu, you do not know the whole story and I can safely say that the reason you say such things is because of that."

"I KNOW HOW MUCH HE LOVED ZUER! AND I KNOW TO WHAT LENGTHS HE IS WILLING TO GO FOR HER! HE WAS ABOUT TO MARRY HER. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT? AND KNOWING HIM AND WHAT HE DID TO ME, DO YOU THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO LET EVERYTHING GO SO EASILY AND LOVE YOU?!?"

If the same questions had not kept her up nights then Feiyu asking them now would have shaken her to her core.

But she has asked these very questions hundreds... if not thousands of times before and she already expressed these very same fears to DiDi.

So, no matter Feiyu's insistence, she knows that DiDi has already reached his limits and have laid all of his card down for her to see.

"You really believe that he is using me to get Zuer back?"

"Am I wrong?"

"Feiyu... nothing could be further from the truth."

My VillainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara