Chapter Eighteen

"I like her" the lovely Xu Xiyuan whispered to him "Keep this one."

The amazing actress and his date hit it off quite spectacularly the very first time they spoke to each other.

Wang He Di does not know if it is because this is the first time he has ever brought a date to this particular gathering (the most important event of the year for all of them) who isn't his sister, which has caused the actress to be extremely overjoyed or if it is because the truly soft-hearted "Queen of Wuxia" has taken quite a liking to Shen Yue, especially when the other woman was more starstruck with her husband than her (a rarity and something that Xiyuan-jie truly likes for she herself is the biggest fan of her husband and she always warms up to people who admire him).

But it happened.

So DiDi just nodded and smiled at her comment, not saying anything because he could not think of any possible response – the second time that night that he was speechless.

In his head, emergency signals fired up in panic at tonight's turn of events, remembering that the first time he was lost for words tonight was when his car arrived in the office and he found, as he opened the door to the backseat, a goddess in blue waiting for him.

He knows he should have been able to control his emotions.

But he was too astonished.

He would hazard a guess that by Shen Yue's smirk, he must have had his mouth hanging open at the vision she presented.

He eventually berated himself for his display of weakness and thought of comebacks to start the night off with a win, but it was only upon their arrival at the venue that he was able to recover.

Inside that car, Shen Yue had won.

He might be furious with her, but he will not deny that the author had the kind of beauty that became even lovelier the longer you looked.

He is a man and a connoisseur of beauty, it is one of the very first things he immediately notices.

And he had seen her angry, almost near collapse, and peacefully asleep but when he saw her the first time tonight, she looked... confident and highly amused? Amused with a smirk that was like that of the Mona Lisa's.

As though she knew a secret he didn't and that secret was that behind the ponytails and lack of visible make-up during their day-to-day dealings, she looked like a supermodel glammed up.

In perspective, he would not go as far as to say she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen but she was the one who looked most "alive", most "present", most "in the moment" every time they saw each other.

DiDi isn't sure if it is because of the glint in her eyes, or her long locks of hair that he realized is the color of coffee, or if it is because of that confident smirk on her face he had never seen before...

But there she was – Venus awakening and there he was – a stammering fool in a Shakesperean comedy.

He had even planned on her wearing blue because it was a color that was hard to stand out in.

White, black, red, and green were colors that highlighted every woman's assets and beauty in formal wear but rarely does blue do that.

She proved him wrong though as she looked like sapphire on fire.

Everyone who saw her tonight asked who she was and went bonkers over her.