Chapter Twenty-Eight

DiDi watched her walk away and from his left, his best friend emerged.

He and Xi Zi had come for coffee and breakfast in the mall since he lived near the area. They were on their way to Starbucks when they saw Chen Feiyu and Shen Yue talking under the LED board pathway.

"Asshole of the year..." Xi Zi announced.

"Don't start with me!" he growled out.

"Or what? You will scream at me and tell me you don't love me too?"

He clenched his fist. "Li Xi Zi!" he warned.

"If you think I am afraid of you or that I will back down from a fight, you are sorely mistaken. I am not Wu Xi Ze."

Sometimes, the man was a pain in the neck.

"What I said is the truth."

"I am also NOT Wu Yi Fan. I am not gullible."

"Well, whatever you are, I don't want to ever be in a fight with you. You disappeared and you only came out now, when everything was done."

The other guy rolled his eyes. "First, I was just talking to you and before I knew it, you were already in a word war with Zi Wei's moronic ex. Second, I haven't even recovered from my shock at the turn of events and you were already walking away with Ms. Writer. Third, you and beauty started a fight of your own and you screamed at her you did not love her and she walked away crying. Fourth and final point, nothing escalated to a fist fight so you have no need for me."

"She wasn't crying" DiDi didn't know why he zoomed in on that detail.

"She was. I saw her."

"I didn't."

"She had her back to you. And I think with how angry she was, she wouldn't have even wiped her face until she was sure you could not see her anymore."

"Well I don't care" he responded coldly.

"I knew there was a reason that even when you could pass as James Dean you never got in to showbizness. You suck at acting."

DiDi turned away from his friend. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"She's right, you know. You ARE more furious about the fact that she did not defend you."

His hand started to itch, looking for something to punch. "I have to be in love with her to be angry about that."

"And you're not?"

"I'm not."

Xi Zi shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so."

"I. DON'T. LOVE. THAT. WOMAN!"

"AGAIN. If you say so."

"Why don't you believe me?!?"

"What is it to you if I don't believe you?"

He shook his head and went back to the parking lot. DiDi does not want to talk to the other man anymore.

Why is he being pushed to say that he got angry because Shen Yue did not defend him or seemed to not have even made any efforts to defend him against Feiyu?

He does not need HER defending him.

He can defend himself fine against anyone.

And he can thoroughly defend himself against that bastard of an ex that his sister had.

Of course, he did not expect to see that guy at all.

He had effectively been able to avoid him and Zuer for years.