Chapter Sixty-One

Maybe the movies do have it right.

When she was younger, Yue wondered how a hero and heroine could fall in love in just a span of days.

Can everything truly happen THAT fast?

How was it that during the time she was in love with Zhi Ting, it was so difficult to look at any other guy, she did not see anyone else at all in the same light and then all of a sudden, DiDi comes along and now... all she can see is him?

She heaved a sigh, gave up altogether in trying to get some sleep, rolled out of her bed, sat beside the window and watched the night sky.

Yue decided to do some contemplation and be truly honest with herself about the situation she had found herself in.

She does not deny that she likes DiDi.

Somewhere in the past weeks and even while still enemies, she realized she feels something for him other than anger and hate.

She felt so much for him, in fact, that it even came to the point where she had accepted the sense of doom she felt about her feelings eventually crash landing towards earth or burning up in the atmosphere before they even touched the ground.

She believed then that there could be no way on earth that Wang He Di could like her too when he hated her with every fiber of his being.

But they are here now.

And if how he had looked at her all evening is any indication... what he feels for her not only is far from hatred, it is very very close to something that Yue has only dreamed of before.

"You're not alone anymore..."

Even now, her knees shake just remembering it.

And if it would calm her down, she wouldn't think twice about jumping out of the window.

HOW?

HOW?

HOW??????????

Even an hour after they had said goodnight to each other and he kissed the top of her head with so much tenderness, her heart is still racing.

She could probably run from Shenzhen back to Beijing and not get tired at all.

If THAT is how Wang He Di woos her... WILL SHE BE ABLE TO NOT GIVE IN ANYTIME SOON LIKE SHE HAD PLANNED???

There was a moment after his declaration in the garden and they came back to the hall, when he was laughing about something Li Jia Qi said, and Yue felt the word "YES" light up as brightly as a neon sign inside her head.

She knows what that "Yes" is for.

And she also knew that she really doesn't care if it is all going too fast.

Her feelings for him are exploding inside her chest and she is trying to hold herself together even if she wants to fall apart from all of the emotion building up inside her.

How could the man know the right thing to tell her?

How could he understand the fear that a woman like her, who has loved another person without expecting anything in return, feel? Her sadness and desperation are far different from those he had experienced himself, but he just knows it. He saw through it.