Chapter Fifty-One

Being physically exhausted is nothing new.

Shen Yue dived into her bed right after the hot shower she took and was tempted to call for the hotel's masseuse, if only she was not confused between being tired, being sleepy, and being hungry.

There were quite a lot of choices over dinner but because she was too tired to even chew, all she had eaten was pasta and THAT wasn't even much either. So now, it hasn't been two hours since dinner and she could already hear her stomach grumble.

She reached for the menu on her bedside table and thought of what she'd order for room service.

She zeroed in on Beef Stroganoff and right after being told over the phone that she would need to wait for thirty minutes before food arrived, her cellphone rang.

She saw it was Zi Wei.

"SHEN YUE!!!!!!!" the other woman screamed into the handset.

"Zi Wei! God! That woke me up!" she responded, horrified, and thinking how her right ear will recover.

"REALLY?", Zi Wei didn't even seem fazed or apologetic, "Good! Good! At least we can talk longer."

Yue groaned. "If I knew you were gonna call, I should have also ordered coffee."

Her friend chuckled. "You don't need coffee, don't worry. I will just scream, every now and then, in the course of our conversation, and you'd wake up. Believe me!"

She wishes she could be taught the Wang way of negotiating things.

It is so difficult to say no to any one of them.

"So... what's up?"

"I read the book and I love it! Kido has read the book! Mommy has read the book! Daddy is reading the book now! We all love it! YOU ARE SO GOOD!!!"

That made her smile. "Stop buttering me up."

The smile on Zi Wei was evident from her voice too. "Yue, seriously. Why would I do that? You are already writing my book. There is no buttering up or whatever that I need to do."

She laughed. "I am happy you like it. I was a little worried."

"You wrote so honestly and so raw and so powerful, I could not have asked for more."

Wang He Di's face flashed before Yue's eyes. In all that has happened around them, she knows that DiDi and her still need to clarify things about her writing of the book.

He's apologized for the methods he used in trying to stop her from writing it and for manipulating her emotions, BUT they are yet to talk about how he really feels that she is continuing her writing of the second book.

He admitted to reading the first book and how it ripped his heart into shreds.

"H-how about your Gege? Has he read the book", she found herself asking.

"You haven't asked him to read it yet???"

"No", she answered.

In the aftermath of the hurricane that took place between them, it seems that the most important thing in the world is yet to be discussed, and Yue knows she cannot let it stay that way for long.

She is sure that DiDi likes her.

Ever since she forgave him, the man has made sure that she knows it to the very tips of her toes.

Still, that could not be an assurance that he is going to be calm about her decision to continue writing the book.

She DID consider stopping but these past days, getting to know DiDi beyond what she just gleamed before has made it important for her to truly show that he had been misunderstood, that he was actually a guy who just loved somebody too much but got the short end of the stick and that... that hurt.