Chapter Twelve

If he had not seen it, he wouldn't have believed that Shen Yue could run as fast as a cheetah... maybe even faster.

Lacing his shoes up so he can join his friends, who are now warming up on court, he remembered what happened this morning.

He tried not to smile.

It was, after all, a kind of victory he hadn't even thought he would have.

And if anyone has any issues with him letting that woman believe something happened between them last night, he does not give a f*ck.

Let that writer be "uncomfortable".

Let her know how it feels to have someone who is almost like a stranger to her act like they know her from head to toe and may just tell the whole world about it.

It wouldn't even be close to the feeling he had when THAT blasted book came out and he had a company full of people who read it and thought to themselves that they knew everything that happened all those years ago.

Whatever she is feeling now won't even amount to the degree of anger he felt then.

He'd bet on it.

"Ok. What have you done?", Xi Zi, who had just arrived, looked at him inquiringly, "I know that smile!"

DiDi laughed.

"You're going to play basketball today so it means your knees are strong enough", his best friend continued, with a smirk, "So... you guys just made out?"

He messed up the other guy's hair. "Did you see how drunk that woman was? I wouldn't even be able to do anything to her, she'd throw up at me."

It was Xi Zi' turn to laugh. "So... you considered it?"

DiDi was stunned at where the conversation had turned. "No!", he sneered, "Does that woman look like my type?"

"I don't know, man. Your taste could have changed. From liking European-looking girls, you might have developed a fetish for someone who looks Japanese. Anyway... I like her."

Xi Zi has always been the most frank with him. Amongst all his friends, he and Xi Zi were the ones who really grew up together that is why they've never really minced words in talking with each other.

"Is this your way of telling me that you have developed a liking for a woman I would really like to burn at the stake?" DiDi cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah? I mean, she was really cute last night and I like cute girls, you know me. Although, you guys looked better together."

"Oh cut the crap!"

Xi Zi laughed louder. "Kido arrived when you guys left last night. Wu Xi Ze told him about Shen Yue getting drunk and that Yi Fan asked you to take her home. And then he told us how Zi Wei actually looked for Ms. Shen to ask her to write a book about them."

DiDi shook his head in frustration. "And Kido let her just do what she wanted."

"He loves your sister", his friend replied – that was answer enough.

"Well, that book is not going to happen. I won't let it."

"To be honest, bro? There is nothing you can do. I mean, yes, you are part of the story but the first book Ms. Shen wrote was Zuer's POV. And the second one is Zi Wei's POV."

"Are you agreeing with my sister?"

Xi Zi shrugged. "Maybe I am? I mean, I know that you want us to be angry about what's happening right now but you have to remember, we were all there for you and your sister when both heaven and earth crashed down on you. And still, I cannot help but think that Zi Wei's idea is actually good. Show the world that after the hell that she went through, it was apparently the way to heaven."