Chapter Twenty

Disconcerting.

DiDi had no other word for the night but that.

He took out a bottle of beer from his fridge, walked towards the living room, and turned on the TV.

It isn't that he wants to watch anything. He just doesn't want silence to fill his whole unit.

His head is about to explode with too much noise and he doesn't want to listen to any of his thoughts.

The first thing he saw was "You've got Mail".

This is one of his Mother's favorite movies and not something he should be watching, given his state of mind.

He flicked to a few more channels before finally settling on a discovery channel show on how things are made.

His phone rang and flashed Li Xi Zi's name.

"Bro" he answered.

"Are you back from the gala?"

"Yep. Why?"

"Let's drink."

"It's a Wednesday" he answered and then looked at the bottle of beer in his hand. He was a hypocrite.

"I know so... come on!"

"Where are you?"

"At my house."

Xi Zi lived in Guomao too. He was near enough. "Just come by the house then. I have beer."

"You don't want to go to a club and hunt for girls?"

DiDi laughed. "I'm in my boxers. I am already way too comfortable."

"Ok Ok. Be there in 20 – 30 minutes."

They both had work the next day but they didn't care.

They were on their third bottle, intensely focused on watching theories about how the world will end when DiDi finally asked his guest.

"Why did you want to drink?"

"Just so I can forget things."

"What things?"

"Things like who I am."

His brows furrowed. "What?!?"

A sigh. "I'm just thing that maybe if I am not Li Xi Zi, it wouldn't be difficult for me to get the girl I want."

"OK! Back up a little. That seems wrong. Isn't it that because YOU ARE Li Xi Zi, it is easier to get women?"

"Not this woman I like."

DiDi was reminded of the jokes Wu Xi Ze made the last time they were together. "Your Assistant?"

His best friend shook his head. "Hell no. Xi Ze is just a dick. He was the first one I talked to about this but we never really got to finish that conversation. I told him about a girl from work and he just automatically assumed I was talking about my new assistant."

"Oh! So, who is it?"

"Our CFO, Han Xiao Wen."

DiDi knows the woman. They worked together a couple of times when she was still part of a company that Wang Corporation had a merger with.

She transferred to Xi Zi's company two years ago.

"Good."

"That's all you are going to say? Good??? You know her right?"