Chapter Fifty-Eight

Wang He Di knew it was a dream – a nightmare, actually – when he found himself in an unfamiliar room, trying to take in a breath and steadying himself.

It took him a full minute to remember that he is in a hotel in Shenzhen for Dong Xin and Gao Zhi Ting's wedding in a few hours. He stood up from the bed, headed for the en suite bath room, and washed his face with water.

"I will crush you", his voice echoed inside his head and the subject of his nightmare came back to him.

THAT was a statement he had said a few years back to Enzo.

A week after his engagement fell off, his search for the man who was the culprit for his life falling apart, culminated in a fist fight and a promise to make sure the other man could never rise from dirt. DiDi had said those very words with as much venom as he could inject in them.

Sweat formed at his forehead just remembering that day.

Because you see, unlike other people whose nightmares are filled with monsters they do not know, DiDi's worst dream always consisted of HIM being the monster.

To have become cold, calculating, and unfeeling.

To have used women and discarded them like mere objects.

To have done everything in his power to make another person suffer and to relish in their suffering.

To have become everything he promised he wouldn't be when he was younger.

A monster.

And admittedly, ever since Shen Yue entered his life, he had more and more instances of experiencing this "particular" nightmare.

They disappeared when things started to clear up between him and the writer and they embarked on this journey of forgiveness together but he wonders right now why it has returned – and on this night even.

Could it be connected to what they talked about just a few hours ago?

He bared his soul to her and she assured him that she is ready to accept who he was, who he is, and who he could become in the future – a future that would have been bleary for him, if somehow, Yue ended up not being in it.

The intensity of what he feels for Yue is different from what he felt for Zuer.

It is amazing his heart could take it.

And he doesn't mean to but he really cannot help comparing the two women he has felt so strongly for to each other.

And every time he would, he would picture Zuer as a comet. She becomes the brightest object in the sky whenever she arrives, and he falls in love with her every time he catches her.

But Yue, on the other hand... she is the moon. She has been there this whole time, knowing his heart and seeing his soul, but he had not immediately seen it.

And now that he does... he cannot look away for she would always take his breath away in all of her phases.

She makes him feel like after looking at her, he could never look at anything else.

Not even the sun, not the north star, not even comets or meteors.