Chapter Ten

Everything felt like a nightmare.

She felt like she'd been floating listlessly the past days and she didn't know what possessed her to finally get out of the house and just drink it all away but she did coz really there was no one Yue could run to.

All her friends knew she was already over Zhi Ting.

All of them knew how much she supports Zhi Ting and Dong Xin being together.

Her family knew the truth though and they were starting to exchange very worried looks about how "ghostly" she was becoming that she felt the need to disappear for awhile.

She didn't need their concern... or pity.

Because she is sure that's what they all felt. They pitied her.

And now... she was almost dead-to-the-world-drunk and the one person in the whole planet who hated her guts to death was the one with her.

"Where are you taking me?" she managed to finally say aloud.

"I wanted to take you to your house but with the kind of traffic I would have to go through to take you there, we'd arrived there tomorrow" Wang He Di answered.

She heard him agree with utmost reluctance after the bar owner insisted that he take her home.

If she had any fight in her, she would have said no.

But her whole world was spinning and she had just been saved from a guy trying to take advantage of her that she found herself being half-dragged, half-carried into his car without so much as a peep.

And now, she found herself making a gagging sound.

"MS. SHEN NOT IN MY CAR!!!!!!"

He opened the car windows to let fresh air in and held her shoulder back to stop her from bowing.

He must have felt that if her head as much as tilted in a lower angle, she'd spill her guts out.

They made a turn then and before Yue could take another breath, the car stopped.

She closed her eyes because her focus was swirling. She heard his car door open, foot shuffling, muffled voices, and then the door on her side opening and somebody lifting her up.

"Don't you dare puke on me. Hold it in!"

He could probably even command the dead, Yue thought, as the tone of his voice boomed inside her head regardless of how out of it she already was.

"Well, he's the devil isn't he?" the voice inside her head reminded her. The dead would probably have no choice.

Shen Yue was dead weight the moment they entered his unit.

Wang He Di was sure she wouldn't be as heavy in a normal setting but he was still thankful he could carry her without anyone's assistance.

His unit had two guest rooms. He headed for the one nearest the entrance and laid her down the bed carefully.

Did this woman have no friends she could drink with that she went all alone by herself in a bar on a Friday night?!?

He shook his head at her and went to the other guest room that Zi Wei sometimes uses. He took the silk pajamas she had stocked here and decided that they might fit his "unwanted" guest at the moment. He took another outfit of his sister's so that Shen Yue could change into it in the morning.

That was when his phone rang.

"Xi Ze!" he answered as he looked around for extra towels.

"You took her home?"