Chapter Seventy-Four

Wang Yu Yan has always been prepared for the worst.

Years of experience as the wife of one of the leading businessmen in the country and as a mother has taught her that everything that could go wrong, CAN and WILL go wrong when given impetus.

The moment she heard that Shen Yue was involved in a car accident with a truck, all her senses went into overdrive and she commandeered her family into action.

Yue is not going to die – NOT when they all just found her.

Her husband only told her to look after everyone before they parted ways and she knows it is a testament to how much he trusts her. "Look after Yue, look after our son, look after everyone", he told her.

Wang Jiashu will ensure that everything will be at her disposal and all she needs to worry about is making sure Yue lived and DiDi came home to her... to them.

However, when she learned that Chen Feiyu and Song Zuer could possibly be involved, she worried for Feiyu as well.

And now... after meeting Dong Xin, she worries for everyone else.

But she believes herself ready to ensure that the fallout would not be wholly irreparable.

Still... as she followed her daughter, running towards the ICU entrance, and as she heard the ice in her son's voice, Yu Yan knows no amount of preparation would be enough to make sure that hearts and even faces could be kept intact.

The anger simmering in that corridor can scald anyone.

"WHY ARE YOU ASKING HIM WHEN IT'S OBVIOUS?!?", the ominous voice of a volcanic eruption came out of Xin, Yue's bestfriend.

Yu Yan liked the woman as soon as she saw her hugging Yue's mother after rushing from the airport to the hospital.

She and her husband cut their honeymoon short to go to their best friend and if that isn't loyalty, she doesn't know what is.

But she recognizes that such loyalty can breed this much anger – especially as she watched Xin's demeanor change when she learned of Chen Feiyu and how he could possibly be involved.

Some things inside Xin's mind seem to have fallen together and before anyone could react, she had bolted for the ICU, followed by her husband and then Xi Zi and Kido, who realized that Xin must be on her way to confront Feiyu and DiDi would surely then see him.

For his end, Feiyu just looked terrible.

His face seems so much more battered from the inflammation of the punches he received earlier in the day, his whole posture looking like he had been dragged from heaven and on towards hell.

Yu Yan is yet to know what they are all doing in front of the ICU entrance for when she pushed her son to go to Shen Yue awhile ago, she expected him to spend more time INSIDE there.

But there he was, caged by Kido and Xi Zi.

"Blame me for... whatever it is you need to... blame me for and... I will take all of it...", Feiyu answered haltingly, probably a product of his broken jaw, his swollen eyes tearing up as he looked at the ICU's doors, "... please... please... I just have to... my wife... she can die..."

Yu Yan and the rest looked up at the ICU and sure enough, a flurry of activity around the bed Song Zuer occupied is happening.