Chapter Seventy-Nine

One month after...

If he cries, Yue won't be surprised.

Same as the guests, who probably know how much he and his sister love one another.

However, not like most of the guests, Yue has witnessed the actual intensity of DiDi's love for Zi Wei and Zi Wei's love for him and THAT will make "his" crying all the more special and touching for her.

The Wang sibling have been through quite a lot more than two siblings would go through and in all of that time, the only thing they ever wanted for each other has always been one another's happiness.

Today, DiDi has been assured that his sister will always have that.

And Yue knows how much that really means to him.

"We all know I stand before you as the best man because Kido does not have a choice", her boyfriend began, standing proudly on the side of the newlyweds, wine glass in hand and looking as gorgeous as sin, causing rippling laughter inside the venue, "On the night he told me he was going to ask for my sister's hand in marriage, I told him I had to be the best man or this wedding is not going to happen."

"THAT'S TRUE!", Kido seconded with a smile.

DiDi turned to him then. "Actually Bro, what I did not tell you then was that I wanted to be your best man so I make sure nothing happens during the Stag night that would have us all arrested if we have Xi Ze handle everything. Zi Wei will probably burn all of us when she learns about it."

"IF she learns about it!", Xi Ze shouted, just three seats away from Yue and they all burst out laughing.

Zi Wei raised a brow at this and answered, "I KNOW EVERYTHING WU XI ZE!"

DiDi shook his head at the banter and took a theatrical look at his friend, then his sister. "Can I continue my speech now?"

Laughter continued as he seemed to compose himself again.

"There are no traces of it now, but we almost lost my sister a few years ago and during that time, I prayed really hard to God to give her another chance at life", he smiled at Zi Wei then, "If anyone of you doubts how amazing God is, the miracle he has done for Zi Wei by not only giving her a new life but a new love too should make you believe in Him. Kido, thank you for not only being such a good friend and amazing brother but for giving me the promise of loving my sister and showing me that you will fulfill your word no matter what. I know that you will always love her."

"And because Kido, I want you to succeed in being the greatest husband my sister could ever ask for, make sure you stick with these three words that will help you through thick and thin and through every adversity you two may face... "Zi Wei, you're right."

The whole reception erupted with hoots and hilarity.

"I love you both and cannot wait for my nephew or niece this coming year", he winked at the two of them and then raised his glass, "Ladies and Gentleman, join me in toasting Kido and Zi Wei for a good life, a good partnership, and really really good sex. CHEERS!"

"CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!", everyone shouted back.

DiDi went to hug Kido and then Zi Wei, who held on to him for a few seconds, whispering something, before letting him go with a squeeze.

Zi Wei must have been very touch by her brother's message.

It wasn't long but it came from his heart and even Yue found herself tearing up when he talked of how much he cherishes the promise Kido gave him.