Chapter Thirty-Three

Why couldn't he just leave her alone? Yue wanted to ask the heavens.

The onslaught of tears did nothing to wash away the confusion and hurt she was feeling at being the victim of his game again.

She cannot understand how he comes closer to her the more she runs away from him. It almost seems like a curse.

And her head is spinning just trying to fathom what is REALLY going on between the two of them now because when all of this began, Wang He Di told her that all he wants is for her to NOT write his sister's story.

Then it became a lot more complicated with him promising to ruin her in the most hurtful way possible because she was staunch in what she wanted.

But he went about it in a weird way.

It seemed to matter to him that she didn't look dejected during the engagement dinner. And in retrospect, when she had time to look back and try to break down what happened during the "almost fight" she had with Feiyu, she realized that DiDi had actually defended her.

If they're really in a relationship, she DOES NOT owe it to anyone to have to justify it. And if she IS going to go for her happiness, she doesn't need the approval of her friends because her friends would surely understand – the way Dong Xin had understood even though she knows how angry Yue was with him initially.

Xin had even told her that there must be something good in DiDi because she eventually changed her mind and liked him. She did not question Yue's sanity. She did not make her feel guilty the way Feiyu had.

God.

She missed her best friend.

She would kill to be able to talk to her right now... with her head in turmoil and her heart in shambles.

Hence, Yue decided that she would finally tell Xin everything.

Regardless of the consequences.

She needs someone to talk to who looks out for her and who has always had her best interest and her welfare.

She stopped on the side of the road and searched for her phone.

She immediately keyed in the other woman's number.

"YUE YUE!" There it was, the ray of light, the warmth of the sun, her best friend.

"Xin..." she began and before she could stop herself, she let out a growl of frustration and the waterworks opened again.

It has been a long time coming. She was wheezing and heaving and just flat out hysterically crying because of everything that weighed on her heart.

She doesn't know how she was able to hide everything these past weeks.

"SHEN YUE!!!" her best friend's worried tone was like a balm to her soul, something that pushed her to continue to cry "Where are you? I'm going to go see you! Tell me now!"

She tried to contain her sobs.

"Hey I'm going to my car right now. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way home", she managed to mumble.

"Ok. Ok. Where exactly?"

Yue could hear a car door opening and closing, a car engine starting, and felt her heart clench.

Dong Xin is going to leave behind whatever it is she is doing for her – her best friend, a bride-to-be in a week – because she is stupid.

"Xin... no... you don't need to go to me. We can just talk over the phone." Every phrase was punctuated by a hiccup.