Chapter Two

Yue could clearly remember the day she met Zuer and Feiyu.

They were in a line outside the OB Gyne's clinic. She had come to assist her older sister who was seven months pregnant at that time.

Because there were too many people who seem to have been scheduled for a check-up on that day, she and Zuer, who were both seated together, ended up talking.

The both of them had fun exchanging stories that Yue found herself asking the other woman whether she wanted to meet up at a better venue next time.

She loves to talk but the truth is she chooses who talks to.

That's why her sister was so surprised that she had immediately warmed up to a person she has only known for a few hours.

But she and Zuer really clicked well together.

And in that time Yue learned that Zuer was engaged to another man before she met Feiyu.

She had been with her fiancé, Wang He Di (or DiDi as she called him), for three years when they decided to take their relationship to the next level. Wang He Di's sister, Zi Wei, however, was then diagnosed with leukemia.

DiDi's family decided to temporarily relocate to Baltimore where the best leukemia treatment facility is found.

The Wangs are rich (famous in their country for being part of the Old Rich Families even) and no expense was spared in ensuring his sister will get the care she needed.

Like a faithful girlfriend, Zuer waited patiently for DiDi back in Beijing.

And the one who waited with her no was no other than Zi Wei's boyfriend, Feiyu.

He and Zi Wei were pretty much a new couple at that time and as Zi Wei's situation worsened and Feiyu was unable to be with her, Zuer became his source of comfort.

That led to them getting closer and eventually developing something they were not supposed to.

Something that was not right.

And in her book Yue wrote the struggle that Zuer and Feiyu went through when they both realized they were starting to fall for each other.

The struggle only intensified when they kissed, trying to prove to themselves that what they were feeling was nothing but instead realizing that no matter how wrong their situation was, the right thing was for them to be together.

It terrified the both of them, most especially Zuer.

She did her best to get as far away from him as possible and Feiyu was left in confusion about what to do next.

Should he run after her and tell her that maybe, they ought to be together? Or should he allow her to get away because they both belong to someone else?

"When we came back from Baltimore, I knew something was different" Zi Wei cut in on her musings.

Yue refocused on the woman across the table. "You knew?"

"I didn't know about THEM", Zi Wei answered, "But I knew Feiyu was different. Remember, a woman's intuition never fails, right?"

"Did you know it was Zuer at the time?"

"No. I never actually thought it was her because we rarely got together for a long time and Zuer always seemed so in love with my brother."

Yue remembered Zuer saying how she became sweeter and more caring towards DiDi because she knew in her mind that he was who she loved, he was her ideal man, he was the one she always dreamed of.

My VillainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara