Chapter Thirty-Seven

He knows she is beautiful.

Still, sometimes, the light would hit her in a different way, or her hair would sway against the wind, or her eyes would shine right through him and DiDi would just get breathless all over again.

He isn't going to deny the effect she has on him anymore.

And he most certainly is not going to deny that the moment she told him she forgave him, that she understood him, that she knew he was sincere... he almost lost air at just how beautiful she was.

She might be the only woman Wang He Di knows who just becomes so much more beautiful the longer one looks.

And when she covered his mouth to stop him from speaking and told him the most honest words he had heard in a long time, his heart wanted to burst out of his ribcage.

She really truly is kind.

He doesn't deserve to be forgiven that easily.

He deserves to walk on fire.

He deserves to get ripped into shreds.

He deserves to be water-boarded and tortured for what he put her through.

If the same had been done to him, he wouldn't even give the other person a chance to talk but she... she not only allowed him to talk, she listened to him, and sincerely forgave every spiteful thing he did.

UNBELIEVABLE.

"Uhmmmm.... Ahhhh.... Have you eaten breakfast?" she asked him now.

"Are you offering food to me?" he asked, surprised.

"If you haven't eaten yet... yes."

He shook his head. "You ARE incredible."

She raised a brow. "Hmmmmm?"

"You just forgave me and now, you want to feed me too?"

It was her turn to shake her head at him. "Wouldn't it be more incredible if I told you I forgave you and then I let you starve?"

She had a point.

"Besides", Yue continued, "This is quite early. You probably just had coffee."

"Well... yeah."

She stood up and walked towards the living room. "Come on! Xin and I just had our breakfast when you arrived. You should eat."

She didn't check anymore whether he would follow and just headed straight for the kitchen.

DiDi didn't want to think too much but felt himself shrink in size at her benevolence.

He really did not expect to be forgiven this easily.

He winced at how much mental strain he had exerted expecting every worst thing in the world.

He knows he should be relieved now but he has a conscience that recently decided to take over his whole being.

He followed Yue to the kitchen he had seen when he entered.

She was already busy laying out a plate for him while he smelled the aroma of a new filter on the coffee maker.

"There must be something I can do for you?"

"Just sit there. And eat."

Of course, she would not immediately catch what he meant.

"I was not talking about breakfast."

She looked up at him. "What were you talking about?"

"I can't shake off the feeling that I do need to do something so I can feel worthy of your forgiveness."