Chapter Seven

"Sir?"

DiDi looked up from the desk and saw his Assistant, Hao-Ge, peeking through his office door before eventually entering.

"Yes?"

"It's past 9 PM, Sir. You haven't had dinner. What do you want? I will order for delivery."

He looked up the wall clock on his left and realized that it was indeed late. He had become too absorbed reviewing the expansion proposal in Taiwan. "You are right. I hadn't even noticed. You can just order for me. Thank you for the reminder."

"You're welcome Sir. And also, Ms. Zi Wei was on the line about ten minutes ago. She said please answer her call."

He let out a sigh and loosened his necktie.

His sister has been calling him since lunch time but he's ignored her because he knows she would probably want to talk about his visit to that writer, Shen Yue.

He wouldn't be surprised if the woman had already told Zi Wei about it.

"That was the tenth time your sister called and I just told her that you might probably be busy reviewing the Taiwan expansion proposal", his assistant added.

The man knows of his current ordeal.

And he doesn't really hide anything from him as Hao needs to know where he is at every hour of the day because he runs his schedule like a Spartan – which is by his request too.

"I might probably call her in bit. Inform Yu Hao Ming I need to see him tomorrow about this proposal. Schedule the meeting with him at 9 AM."

"Noted Sir. Will there be anything else?"

"Include Liu Xiao Feng from Finance in that meeting. I want to finish this by tomorrow."

His assistant nodded.

"And then after you order for me Hao-Ge, you can go home. Don't wait up."

"Ok Sir."

Autumn had come early this year and he wanted to start this project before winter comes in because logistics become so much more difficult during that season.

And it is also difficult to contend with the upcoming holidays during the autumn and winter season because work stops for everyone – even in his own company.

He is probably the only person who does not rest.

His phone rang again and he saw Zi Wei's name flashing.

Maybe he should consider changing his sister's name to "DO NOT ANSWER", he thought wryly.

DiDi took a deep breath and answered. "Zi Wei."

"FINALLY!"

There was that tone so like their mother's when she is angry.

"Yes?"

"YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING MY CALLS."

"Yes and?" He would not lie to her. There was no use in that.

"WHY DID YOU GO TO SHEN YUE?!?!"

He could easily imagine his sister. Her face would be flushed red in anger, lips pouted from Beijing to Shanghai, and her fingers tapping on the surface of her desk if she was in her study right now.

Zi Wei had more finesse and grace than him but they both spoke direct to the point. They were raised no other way.

"I returned her purse and told her to not write your story."

"Her purse?!?!"

"She left it at the table last night."

"She really would have left it after what you did", there was that dig again on his behavior last night, "Anyway, DiDi-ge please just stop. It is my decision to have her write my story. It doesn't have anything to do with you so don't meddle!"

"You are my sister. I will meddle even if we don't share the same last name anymore."

"YOU ARE INSUFFERABLE!"

He felt his eyes roll. This conversation is not going to go anywhere because he is sure that while he is using his brain, his sister is using her heart. "Have you even thought of our parents? How would Dad and Mom feel if they learn that you are asking the very same writer who wrote that book about Feiyu to write your story?"

"THEY ALREADY KNOW. And they understand. You are the only one who doesn't!"

"THEY WHAT?!?!"

"THEY KNOW! Mommy even said it would be a good idea."

If their parents agreed to it, it would only be because Zi Wei muscled her way through them.

"They could never say no to you and you know it. But STILL, we are making ourselves too public. We're losing our privacy with this!"

"You have to stop thinking about your pride, Gege."

"Call it whatever you want. All I know is I have to do whatever I need to do to protect our family. Besides, you really should not trust that writer. It hasn't even been 24 hours and she already told you about my visit."

Zi Wei loudly scoffed from the other line "It was your driver who told me where you were because I asked him. I was supposed to surprise you for lunch so we could talk about this. I haven't even talked to Yue because she has a book-signing event today. You always expect the worst from people."

Wang He Di backed up a little after hearing his sister's response but it still does not change his opinion on Zi Wei having her story made public.

He will do everything in his power to make sure she never releases this new book.

"Well, I still don't trust her. And if this is the only reason you wanted to talk to me then let's end this call coz I have so much I need to still work on."

"DIDI-GE!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!" His sister groaned in a mix of anger and frustration and cut the line.

He is sure that if they were using the landline, he would have heard the phone crash down against his ear.

Still, no amount of anger from his sister or even anyone else will dissuade him from his goal to stop the nonsense his sister wants to unleash upon all of them.

It was enough to have his heart ripped open two times already. Once, when Zuer walked out on him and chose the man who hurt his sister. Twice, when he had to hear from a distant relative (even) that a story that seemed like his story and his former fiancée was out and selling like hot cakes from bookstands.

He went back to his mac book and opened his file on Shen Yue.

He had her investigated months ago when the book came out.

DiDi reviewed the file and hovered over the name of the publishing company that released the book.

The name of the owner sounded familiar.

"Ahhhhh" he uttered and finally quirked his mouth in recognition of the name.

There could be a way to do what he wants after all.