Chapter Sixty-Four

He told Yue that despite asking for her forgiveness, he could continue being an asshole and she needs to call him out on it.

But how does that work out if he's doing his very best to be chivalrous but she's giving him greenlight to be bad.

Still... no matter how black he claims his soul is, there is just no getting around the distaste he feels in taking advantage of an intoxicated woman.

It doesn't matter if they still have their wits about them or if they can still form cohesive responses but as long as they've had more than just a taste of alcohol, DiDi won't bed them.

He understands the importance of allowing a woman to do something because they want it while their head is clear. He sighed, remembering the way she felt underneath him and wondered whether he could bathe in ice to cool himself down because he just might go crazy thinking about what happened a few minutes ago.

There was a knock on his and Kido's door and since the latter was in the shower, he opened it.

"What are YOU doing here?!?!", Xi Ze asked in frustration.

"This is my room, what's your problem?"

Yi Fan, Xiao Tian, and Xi Zi popped up from behind Xi Ze and they all trooped towards the room.

"Give me my money!", Yi Fan announced.

DiDi rolled his eyes at them. "Did you guys bet on me again?", he asked as the door closed.

"Until Xi Ze keeps on making bets", Xiao Tian answered smugly, "we won't stop. Also, stop acting like you didn't make a bet with Xi Ze too that "Slow Poke" over here will be able to take Xiao Wen home during your last dinner."

"Traitor!", Xi Zi flicked his forehead, "Although, I've forgiven you since I have such a big heart. Anyway, what I don't understand is how you could bet against me with Xi Ze when you know that no matter how good he is with everything else, he always lucks out. "

He flicked the other man's forehead back. "Don't you know that the fates smile upon you more when people root against you? I was doing you a favor."

"Bullshit! You knew I would do everything for Xiao Wen."

"Yes. Except tell her how you feel", Xiao Tian cut in, diving on one of the queen size beds.

"You're all idiots! And I can't believe Yi Fan's the only one who bet on me that time", Xi Zi pouted.

"He really didn't understand what we were betting about because he was in a meeting at that time. He just said he'd bet on you because we were all betting against you. He just got lucky", Xi Ze shared as he dived on the other bed.

"Yi Fan???", Xi Zi called out.

"Guys, why do even need to talk about that bet again?", the man's eyes sparkled, "Didn't we come here to drink???"

He put forward the two bottles of tequila he'd been carrying and smiled beatifically at all of them.

It is such an obvious ploy to change the subject.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!", Xi Zi announced, "Do none of you believe I can court Xiao Wen and tell her how I feel???"

The resounding silence kis more than answer enough and Xi Zi immediately tackled DiDi and Yi Fan, who are the closest to him.

Kido, freshly showered, opened the bathroom door exactly to this scene of chaos.

"Xi Zi, man, you really need to start wooing Xiao Wen", he declared, "You're becoming more and more violent by the minute. Suppressing your feelings causes that."