Chapter Thirteen

She left her phone, her wallet, and her purse with the devil again.

"What is this? A habit?!?!" Shen Yue scolded herself as she punched her pillow in frustration.

And then remembering why she ran out of Wang He Di's condo and hailed a cab to take her home, she hid her face in the pillow.

"IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT!", she screamed inside her head, "YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET DRUNK AGAIN!!!!"

"Yue-jie, do you want me to just kill you? I mean... it would be hard for you to lose your breath through a pillow if it isn't another person who does it", she heard her brother's voice and immediately sat up.

"YANG!"

He laughed. "You really should buy your guest downstairs a watch."

She raised a brow. "Huh?"

"I said, you really should buy your guest downstairs a watch", Yang repeated and then added "The last time he was here, dawn had just cracked. And today, we're all about to sleep already. He might not have good watch because he does not seem to know anything about time."

Her throat went dry.

THE DEVIL REALLY WENT TO HER.

"He's with Papa again but you really should go see him already. He seems to really like you, jie. This is his second time at home already."

Her brother left her before she could make a retort and she found herself getting torn between wanting to dissolve into thin air or setting their whole house on fire so that they would have to move and this man won't ever know how to find her again.

She could not wrap her head around what had just happened between the two of them and here he was seemingly wanting to rub it in her face more.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T USE YOUR HEAD YUE!", she berated herself as she trudged her feet down the stairs.

It's better for her to finally go and see the man rather than have her Father drag her from her room because he does not like making guests wait.

They were all too freaking accommodating in this house, she thought morosely.

"Ah Yue!" his voice was the first one that welcomed her into the veranda.

WHEN DID SHE AND THIS GUY CALL ONE ANOTHER BY THEIR FIRST NAMES?!?!?!

"Yue, this is the second time DiDi has brought your bag to the house to return it. You really should be more careful next time, ok? You told me Jia Qi had it but apparently, you left it behind his car after he took the two of you home last night", her Father told her.

She had lied about what happened last night.

She told them she was with her college classmates and that she left her bag with one of them because she was rushing to get home. She only realized she had forgotten about it when she was already half-way on the road to their house.

Wang He Di looked smug right behind her father and she wanted to bash his face in.

WHAT WAS HE PLAYING AT?!?!

"I would have taken your bag back this morning but I had a guest at home who woke up late", the man said and she felt her blood go up to her head.

"That's ok, DiDi. I am happy that even if it is already very late, you took this back. Thank you", her Father answered.

"I really wanted to take this back tonight because I would be very busy next week, Sir. And I think Yue would worry about losing her phone and wallet if she realizes they are both not with her friend."