Chapter Twenty-Seven

Today is the day that Dong Xin's whole entourage will have their first fitting.

The bride has a different day for the fitting of her own gown but Yue's best friend still came to bond with family and friends.

Right after, Xin decided the two of them should have coffee to be able to talk more since last Saturday's bonding was not enough. They walked the length of The Place Mall and chatted.

"You know, if I had a boyfriend just like yours, even people from 500 meters away would see my face shining in happiness", Xin commented on her glum mood.

Shen Yue knows it would be futile to even deny it.

They have grown up together.

Even if she had a smile the size of the Titanic during the fitting, her best friend would see through the farce.

Still, she could not find herself saying the whole truth – that she was getting confused about her feelings for a certain handsome devil, most especially when the certain handsome devil is her supposed boyfriend.

"I think I just lack sleep. I tried to write last night but ended up just getting frustrated."

The other woman nodded.

That was an acceptable answer.

It always had been.

"How is this new book you are writing going?"

"It's actually going great so far. I'm ten chapters in at least which is a quarter of the book already. Although I was told I've written DiDi's character way too nicely."

Xin rolled her eyes. "You're dating the guy now! You're privier to who he really is! And I am guessing that if you considered dating him, most probably it is because he is a good guy. He took really good care of you last Saturday. Everyone was envious at how sweet he was."

"Idiot! You are the one who is getting married at the spur of the moment e! What could be sweeter than that?"

"So I cannot be envious of other guys' display of affection for their girlfriends?"

She laughed. "You cannot be envious because the guy you are marrying would put to shame sugar with his sweetness."

Xin pouted at her. "OK go! Defend my good future husband! Forget about your best friend! Declare him the sweetest person to everyone! Tell them he is such a good catch, he made me almost have a conniption this morning trying to wake him up so he could take me here!"

One ongoing joke between the two of them was how Zhi Ting had now become Yue's best friend.

Xin would always act jealous over it and would sometimes even pretend fight her now-fiancé because he is stealing away her best girl.

Yue had never been comfortable about that joke but she hid it well.

It hit too close to home on how she feels for Zhi Ting and makes her guilty.

Today though, she laughed it off.

She was about to respond to the mock accusation when someone called out her name.

She and Xin turned to see Feiyu coming up to them.

Yue smiled at the new arrival and gave him a hug.

"Chen Feiyu, this is my best friend, Dong Xin."

They shook hands.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Today is the fitting day for her wedding entourage", she answered, "How about you? Are you all by yourself?"

"Family is at the food court and I am on the way back because I had to go back to parking because I forgot my wallet at the car."