10) Caught

You had come home from a long day of work. It was exhausting to be Rapunzel's sorceress and you just longed for a cuddle night with Varian... and maybe a little more than some cuddles.

You smiled at the thought. It gave you a warm and fuzzy feeling. You couldn't wait to get home and to look into those bright blue ocean eyes you fell in love with all those years before, to finally be in his arms after such an eventful day. Rapunzel had offered that you stay in the castle with her to save the long trip there and back home, but you like your cozy home with your Var bear.

You unlocked the door with a bright smile.

"Guess who's hoooome?" You said sing-songy. Usually, Varian would be on the couch researching, but he wasn't there.

Maybe he's upstairs researching? You thought to yourself. You suddenly heard a loud noise and creaking. it didn't bother you until the noises continued on repeat. You followed the noise and listened closer... Moaning?

...

No.

No no no no-

it can't be-

H-he wouldn't right?

Right?!

You rushed upstairs to your bedroom and almost broke down the door.

What you saw made your once butterfly-filled stomach churn with rage and betrayal.

"(Y-Y/N)!" Varian covered his body with the blankets, along with the girl that was sitting on his lap. You stood there stunned. You wanted to throw up, cry, and run away.

But you felt stuck in place. Your hand was over your stomach, clenching it tightly and hoping, praying it was a nightmare.

But it didn't end.

You wanted it to end.

When was it going to end?

Why is it still going?!

it should be done!

"(Y/N, I-)" your eyes became blurred with hot tears as you saw Varian's pale hand reach out towards you. You instantly ran away to the bathroom. You could hear him chase after you. Before he could make it, you slammed the door shut, locked it, and dragged your back against the door and onto the floor in a fetal position. You couldn't breathe, you couldn't speak, you couldn't think straight. You heard loud banging on the door.

"(Y/N), I-it wasn't what it looked like! I swear!" You didn't respond. Your sobs only got louder.

"Please, babe! It's not what you think!"

"You're such a liar!" You finally choked out. "I thought you were better than this!"

"I'm so sorry, starlight. I knew I-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT EVER AGAIN! YOU'RE ONLY SORRY BECAUSE YOU GOT CAUGHT!" You hit the bathroom wall with the side of your fist. He paused for a moment.

"I think she needs some time alone..." The girl spoke up. hearing her made you boil. You bolted up and opened the door.

"And YOU!" You started as you saw her trying to make Varian walk back into the bedroom. "I bet you knew! You knew he was a married man!"

"Soon-to-be-married, sister. I promised him a better, wealthier life than what you could ever give him. He happily obliged." She said with a disgusting smirk.

"That isn't true-" Varian started. She interrupted.

"Oh really? Did what I do back there not happen at all?" She asked slyly.

You pushed her out of your way as you walked towards the door. You didn't have time to hear who was right or who was wrong. Either way, he was still cheating. You heard him following you again.

"Starlight-"

"HOW COULD YOU!?" You pushed him away. "6 MONTHS! OUR WEDDING WAS IN 6 MONTHS, AND YOU PULL THIS OFF?!"

"I was just using her for more research on my genetic-"

"Oh yeah, research! You can research her some more then because we're DONE! You took my trust and threw it away as if it meant nothing, Varian! As if our future child means nothing!!!"

He lightly gasped. His eyes softened and his mouth was agape. "F-future child?".

You ignored him and continued to go out the front door and slam it shut behind you. You could hear him open it and call out your name, but you didn't look back. You weren't gonna just let him pull that off! You were going to take the offer that Rapunzel gave you, and you were going to raise this child on your own.

Without him.

~~~

OoOOOoooO, DrAmaA

updated twice in the same week ayyye

Also, thank you all so much for over 700 reads! We're super close to 1k! idk how to celebrate that though lol.