20) Mysterious Date (The Day's Fortune pt 2)

Part two already lol

Varian looked at his phone nervously, grazing his fingers across the numbers. Was he actually about to do this? Apparently because he looked at her business card immediately started dialing the number. She had been on his mind for a few days. How could anyone be this... Mysterious? Confusing? Kind of... Sexy? No, she's like, his age.

Nobody is sexy at 15.

His face flushed as he put the phone up to his ear, patting his sides.

*Riinng*

*Riiing*

"Fortunato's Misfortune! Unfortunately, we are closed at the moment. But, if you are here to ask questions, I'm your gal."

"H-hey. I-its th-the guy from a few days ago." He played with the thin phone wire nervously. He felt his mouth getting dry. This was his first time talking to a girl his age over the phone and he was a nervous wreck. "Y-y'know, I was with the p-princess."

He heard her giggle. "Oh yes, the alchemist. I knew you'd call, just not this soon. Trying to take me up on that offer?"

"Y-yes! A-and I was hoping we'd um... Do it while having a n-nice meal." He gulped a bit.

"Oh~? Is this a date I'm hearing?" She her bit lip.

He panicked. "N-NO!! I-I mean it can be i-if you want it to." He heard her laugh and he face palmed.

"Alright, alright. How about... In two hours?"

"T-TWO HOURS?!" He gripped the phone and started sweating.

"Sounds good to me! See you soon, Freckles~" she hangs up. Varian inhaled and exhaled and stood there shocked. Ohhh jeez- this'll be interesting.

---

He smoothed out the blanket on the green grass. Maybe a picnic was too basic? No. No i-it's perfect. Right? Yes. No? Ugh! He looked up to see (y/n) walking toward him.

"Hey! This isn't too bad!" She set down her bag and sat on the blanket.

"Tried my best. I brought some dessert too!" He brought out two baggies of brownies. She giggled.

"You're even more adorable than I thought. Now, how about that debate?" She grabbed a sandwich from the basket.

"U-um... Actually, I just wanted to know more about you." He smiled nervously. She smiled back.

"Well, I'm all ears."

---

"So you have a shadow that can talk to you?" He tilted his head. Shadin darted around Varian. He watched her.

"Well, she can't really talk. But, we communicate with eachother mentally. She's been my best friend for years. My family and I came to Corona for new experiences. A new life."

"Do you like it here?" He shifted his position. (Y/n) looked down at his hand and smiled, putting her's on top of his. He looked down and blushed and looked back at her.

"I love it here." She smiled with half lidded eyes. Varian felt himself inch closer to her face. She inched closer as well, closing her eyes. He cupped her cheek and lifted her chin. When their lips were about to touch, she opened her eyes and moved her finger to his lips. He opened his eyes confused. She chuckled.

"Did you just try to kiss me on the first date?" She asked, raising a brow. He blushed profusely.

"I-I was just in the moment. I'm s-sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck. She giggled and rubbed his cheek bone.

"You're fine. I understand. Just, wait until we have our third or fourth date." She said. He looked at her.

"T-third or fourth??" He blushed lightly.

"Yeah. I had a great time. Didn't you?" She asked, putting her hand down. He nodded.

"Well then," she stood up. "I'll see you on our second date, Freckles~" she winked and started to walk off.

"W-wait!!" He scrambled up and chased after her. She looked at him. "You're just leaving?"

She chuckled. "You are so cute~" she pinched his cheek. "It's getting late. I have to wake up early for work." She kissed his cheek. He lightly caressed the area in which she kissed him.

"See ya soon. You know where to find me~" she walked away and he stared at her in awe.

He still didn't understand her.

---
It was the next day and (y/n) had just opened shop.

"Welcome to Fortunato's Misfortune! How may I..." She looked up from her jewel sorting and smirked. Varian rubbed the back of his neck and nervously chuckled. She gestured him to sit down, which he does.

"Just can't get enough of me, can you, Freckles?"
~~~

Hehe this was fun