38) He Had Me at "It's on the house" (Soulmate au)

Everyone in the world has a puzzle piece shaped mark on their wrist that indicated who their soulmate was.

If someone were to find their mate, their puzzle pieces will glow and disappear, making the two lovers binded for life.

The thing is...

You were abnormal.

Those who were abnormal meant that their marks couldn't possibly have a match because of its strange shape- meaning they would never fall in love, and they would soon die alone.

Everyday, you'd stare at it. Knowing that you'll never find love was extremely depressing. It felt like a sword over your head.

But there was nothing you could do. You can't change your piece, and you can't change fate.

It was a part of you forever.
---

You strolled with your friends, who had already found their soulmates. You felt like the third wheel everytime you were around them. Well, more like the fifth.

"And then, I was like 'Um, you can't just walk into a strip club and expect that they'll accept someone as flat chested as you!'" Your friend Cora said, and everyone burst into laughter. You honestly didn't get the joke. You never did. She told that dumb story everytime, and it got repetitive and boring.

"Hey," you perked up. "How about we talk about something else? Like, what we're gonna do after college."

"I'm dropping out. I need to be good and healthy so I can give birth to our octtuplets!" Cora enthused, holding her boyfriend's arm.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Besides, we only have a year left of college." Her boyfriend that you still didn't know the name of yet told her.

"Yeah, yeah. But don't you want kids?" You started to drown out their conversation. You look over at your other friend Valerie and her girlfriend. They were the less touchy couple, but you still felt uncomfortable around them, too. You were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Your own personal bubble that you couldn't share with others.

You felt trapped.

You felt... sad

Scared even.

You felt a tap on your shoulder. You look over at Valerie.

"Dude, you wanna go to the ice cream shop or not?" She pointed to her left. You sighed and nodded. Oh well.

What could some ice cream hurt?
---
"Welcome to Freezy's: The home of creamy miracles. My name is Varian. How can I help you?" The cashier said, almost monotone. You let everyone take their orders first. Once it was your turn, everyone left to go sit down and you sighed.

"Rough day?" The black haired boy asked you. You nodded, resting your face on the cold glass.

"Rainbow Road, please." you asked.

"...You know what?" he scooped up the ice cream and put it in a cone, handing it to you. "This one is on the house." He smiled. You smiled back, saying thank you and walking away to your group's table.

"That was so sweet of you guys for waiting for me!" You said sarcastically. Nobody responded and you groaned. You look down and your ice cream cone and then pulled down your sleeve to look at your wrist.

And everything stopped.

Your mark was gone.

And you didn't even notice until now-

You looked around the store, panicked. Who was it?! Where were they?! Maybe it was the guy who held the door for you?? No, he definitely had a wife- Maybe it was when you passed that man on the sidewalk! Not like you wanted it to be- he looked like a pedo.

Maybe-!

Maybe...

You looked over at the counter. The black haired boy held his wrist and looked at you, blushing profusely. Your eyes widened and you covered your face, continuing to lick your ice cream.

Ohhh boy-
~~~

Uhhhhhhhhh part 2?

Also low-key forgot who requested a soulmate au-