43) A Winter Trip (Part 1)

This was requested by TheGirlyFandomGirl! (Reader and Varian are aged up- sorry I know it would be much more dramatic if they were high schoolers buttttt I'm not comfortable with that-)
~~~

"Here we are! The Alpine Mountain Resort!" Rapunzel said excitedly. We all peeked out of the car windows. Gods, it was freezing. But, it was such a beautiful sight. The snow's reflection was absolutely dazzling.

"This is so exciting! I've never been to the mountains! The snow is so much whiter here than Corona." Varian said, intrigued.

"Well, I hate the snow. Why couldn't we go to the Bahamas or something? Hell would've been a better place than this." Eugene complained (per usual)

"Oh come on, Eugene. The snow isn't that bad! Plus, it's been getting warm in Corona! I need some crisp cold air!" Rapunzel said. Eugene rolled his eyes. We pulled up our cabin. It looked super roomy and quite cozy. Rapunzel and Eugene grabbed everyone's luggage from the car. Varian and I walked in the cabin. The warm air kissed our faces and we sighed in relief.

"We were in the car forever!" I said, plopping on the couch. Varian sat down next me.

"Stop being a baby. You're 20 years old."

"Okay, and?"

We both heard the front door shut and looked toward it.

"This is a great chance for all of us to bond and get close again!" Rapunzel said, putting the luggage on the floor. "I mean, when was the last time we all were together?"

"Rapunzel, we were all together this Sunday." I informed her.

"And what day is it today?"

"...Tuesday." I responded, raising a brow. Varian snorted.

"Well, my point still stands." she crossed her arms.

"What do you even do in the snow?" Varian asked, standing up and looking out the cabin window.

"You can ski, go sledding, snowboard," Rapunzel named off.

"Make a nice warm fire, jump in it and hope for the best." Eugene added. Rapunzel rolled her eyes.

"Eugene, let me talk to you for a minute." She pushed him to a different room. Soon after, Varian and I heard arguing. We snickered.

"All of that sounds super fun, doesn't it y/n?" He asked. I only nodded.

"What do you want to do first?" I asked him.

"Hm... I've never been sledding."

"Well," I stood up and hugged him from behind, resting on his shoulder. "Now you can! And you have your girlfriend with you. It'll be great!"

"Speaking of girlfriend..." He started. Here we go again. I rolled my eyes. "When are we going to tell Rapunzel? It's already been months and she still doesn't know we're dating."

"I don't want her to make a huge deal out of it, Var. You know how she is."

"Hmrrmmrm-" he grumbled.

"Stop being a baby you're 20 years old" I smirked. He rolled his eyes. Rapunzel and Eugene came out of the room.

"Alright, let's go skiing." Eugene said, his arms crossed.

"But, we wanted to go sledding." Varian told them.

"I DON'T CARE WHAT WE DO I JUST WANT TO GO DO THE ACTIVITY AND THEN COME BACK HERE AND TAKE A HOT BATH- IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!" Eugene yelled.

"Eugene Fitzherbert!" Rapunzel scolded him.

"I'm sorry, Blondie but I'm getting worked up! You know that I don't do snow!" He argued. She grabbed him by his ear and dragged him out the door.

"Come on guys! We're going sledding then." She told us angrily. Varian and I looked at each other before following Rapunzel and closing the door behind us.
---

"imgonnahurlimgonnahurlimgonnahurl" I heard Varian telling himself as we slid down the steep mountain. He had a death grip on the sled. I put my hands on his shoulders and screamed with excitement!

"This is like a rollercoaster!" I yelled at him.

"Yeah! A rollercoaster made with a few sticks and tape provided by the local crackhead!" He inhaled and exhaled quickly. We hit the end with a slow stop and I sighed.

"Well that was anti-climatic. You wanna go again?" I asked him.

"gET ME OFF THIS THING-" he crawled into the snow and huddled into a ball, shaking.

"Varian, you're being overdramatic." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I think you're being UNDERdramatic-"

"You guys havin' fun?" Rapunzel asked, walking up to us.

"I am at least. Varian is being a big baby." I pointed to him with my thumb. Rapunzel rolled her eyes and helped Varian up. He shuddered and shivered.

"How's Eugene?" I asked.

"He's getting better! I told him to give sledding a try and now he thinks he can rule the world- but overall, he's enjoying himself!"

"C-can we please go to the cabin now? We've been out here for hours." Varian asked.

"Nah uh! We're not going to the cabin until midnight! They're going to have this nice huge bonfire for everyone and I decided that it would be a fantastic way to make new friends!" Rapunzel enthused.

"That sounds fun! Varian, you don't wanna miss that, do you?"

"N-no... I guess not."

"Great! I'll let Eugene know!"

"You haven't told him yet?" I raised a brow.

"No. I thought it'd be best if I left him for last. Less trouble, y'know?" Varian and I nodded. Rapunzel smiled and said goodbye and went back to the other sledding hills. Varian sighed.

"Aww, what's wrong with the wittle baby?" I teased.

"The wittle baby is freezing and had something planned for tonight instead of a dumb bonfire." He pouted.

"Awwww. Well, we can do it after the bonfire, big baby."

"Okay, okay." He rolled his eyes. "Can we at least stop by the cabin so I can warm up?"

I chuckled and put my hand in his and we began to walk towards the cabin.
---
"And then, bam! All of my hair grew back! It was almost like magic!"

Everyone ooo'd. As Rapunzel continued her story, I twisted my marshmallow in the fire. I suddenly felt Varian's hand on top of mine. I look at him.

"Let's get out of here." He suggested.

"Why? I'm having fun!"

"Me too. But, we have to hurry up and get to the cabin before the bonfire ends." He stood up and held my hand, leading me to stand up as well. We continued to walk through the snow to our cabin, which wasn't that far away. When we successfully completed our journey, he closed the door behind us.

"Why did you wanna come here so bad?" I asked, sitting on the couch near the warm fire. Varian sat down with me and began to kiss my frosty cheeks, making me chuckle.

"Our anniversary is tomorrow. I know this will be one of the only times we'll be alone, so I thought it'd be the perfect chance for us to make some... Music." He said, still kissing me all over. I giggled and laid down on the couch.

"What kind of 'music'?" I smirked as he wrapped my legs around his waist.

"You'll just have to see~" he put my chin between his index finger and thumb to kiss my slightly chapped lips deeply.

This was going to be a fun night~
~~~

Part two coming idk when- it'll be NSFW but you won't have to read it