27) Last Minute Performance (Songfic)

This is literally a Barbie song

"Y/n! Y/n!" Rapunzel came running up to you with a poster. She looked panicked.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" You caught her as she accidentally ran into you, panting.

"I need you to sing at the ball tonight!"  She explained quickly.

"W-wHAT?! WHY?!" You exclaimed. Where did this all come from?!

"Okay, so, Algengria MonSheperd cancelled because she found some long lost sister from halfway across the world and it's super last minute. I asked literally everyone in Corona and nobody is up to it."

"So what makes you think I'm gonna do it?" You crossed your arms. She nervously chuckled.

"Well, I sorta asked Varian to do it annnd told him that you'd be doing it with him." She played with her hair anxiously.

"YOU DID WHAT?! RAPUNZEL!" You gripped her shoulders.

"I'M SORRY! I JUST PANICKED! PLEASE JUST SING A DUET WITH VARIAN AND I'LL PAY YOU FOR IT OKAY?!"

"... How much?"

"About... 200,000 shillings?" She blinked innocently. You took a minute to process.

"...hmm Fine. I'll do it."

"Yay!" She exclaimed and hugged you. "You and Varian are going to be electric! I just know it!" She squealed and handed you the poster and walked away with a kick in her step.

Ohhh boy.

~~~
You were adjusting your dress and your hair in the mirror. You leaned in super close to get a better look at your small acne bumps. Jeez, you really need to stop eating junk food and drink more water.

"Y/n!" You were startled by Varian coming from behind you and hugging you.

"V-Var! You scared me!"

"Are you ready? I know I am. I didn't take theatre for nothing!" He pointed at himself proudly.

"... You didn't take theatre at all." You looked at him sarcastically.

"Well that doesn't matter now does it? I'm so nervous and excited!"

"Why are you so giddy?" You asked him with a bit of a stank face.

"Um, because I'm doing this with my best friend, duh!" He wrapped his arm around you, smiling. You smiled back.

"Yeah. Yeah! T-this might be fun!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately, Algengria MonSheperd cancelled her performance last minute," you heard Rapunzel say upstage. It was followed by mumbling. "But, we have two special guests here to perform for us tonight, both young, yet so so so talented. May I present to you Y/n and Varian!" The crowd started to clap as you and Varian walked on stage. A quite dapper man sat a grand piano. You felt your palms get sweaty and your breathing get difficult. You felt Varian put his hand on your shoulder and you look at him.

"Breathe." He mouths. And so you did. The music starts to play.

"Once a lass met a lad. You're a gentle one, said she. In my heart, I'd be glad if you loved me for me." You sang, a bit hesitant. You fiddled with your dress.

"You say your love is true, and I hope that it will be." You felt Varian hold your hand and you looked at him smiling a bit. He looked back at you.

"I'd be sure, if I knew that you loved me for me." He sang beautifully, making you slightly blush. You gained a bit of confidence.

"Could I be the one you're seeking? Will I be the one you choose?" You sang as you walked around him. He watched you with a big grin. "Can you tell my heart is speaking? My eyes will give you clues."

"What you see may be deceiving. Truth lies underneath the skin." He held your hand and twirled you under  his arm.

"Hope will blossom by believing-"

"The heart that lies within." You both sang. He grabbed both of your hands.

"I'll be yours! Together, we shall always be as one, if you love me for me." He looked at you sweetly. He began to dance with you on stage.

"Who can say where we'll go? (I'll be yours) Who can promise what will be? (Together, we shall always be as one) but I'll stay by your side-" You both sang at the same time.

"If you love me for me. If you love me for me." The music dies down and you and Varian connect foreheads. You blush once you realize that the crowd was still there. They cheered and clapped. You even heard one person chant "kiss!". You look back at Varian with a half smile. He laughed and picked you up, spinning you in the air. You laughed out of surprise. Once he put you down, you both ran backstage. The piano continues as normal.

"You were amazing! Haha!" Varian hugged you excitedly.

"You too! Who knew you had that in you!"

"Oh stop y-you're making me blush." He joked. You both laugh hysterically. Rapuzel comes up to you both and hugs you guys.

"You guys were amazing! The crowd loved you! Any chance for an encore?" She smiled brightly. You look at Varian with a raised eyebrow. He looked back at you and then Rapunzel.

"Mm... Nah. We'll just chill back here or enjoy the party, thank you." He smiled at the blonde.

"Alrighty then. You guys are life savers!" She waved goodbye and left. Varian looked at you.

"So, did you mean everything you sang about? Hm?" He teased.

"Pfft- Varian, it's a song. I didn't write the lyrics."

"I know. But," he held your hand and rubbed your knuckles with his thumb. "I... I kinda meant it... The lyrics I mean." He smiled and bit his lip. You blushed profusely, not knowing how to respond.

"I... I-I.." you stuttered. He sighed.

"I-it's fine. It's fine. I was just sayi-" you kissed him on the tip of his nose and ran from backstage to the ballroom floor, laughing. He rubbed his nose and blushed. He then laughed and ran after you. He knew that you meant what you said, and that was all he needed.
~~~
Periodt Pooh this oneshot is 999 words-

Decided to do something cute lol. I was actually thinking about this for a few months. Finally did it. Also Barbie Princess and The Pauper is good buttt y'all sleepin on Island Princess and Diamond Castle and that's on periodt