29) Found. (Caught pt 2)

You were walking down the Corona sidewalk. It was quite breezy because fall has just arrived. You looked over from behind the stroller. Your little joy was sleeping soundly. You lightly smiled and adjusted her blanket.

"We'll be home in just a little bit. Then, we can go right to the fireplace." You lightly grazed her cheek with your thumb. The stroller hit a sudden bump, knocking you back a bit. You look up to see you had bumped into somebody.

"Oh I-I'm sorry..." You started. The person turned around. He lightly gasped. You put on a stank face.

"...Varian." you said angrily.

"H-hey, angel." He smiled nervously and waved.

"...uh-huh...." You turned the stroller around and started walking away.

"W-wait! (Y/n)!" You heard Varian yell. He jumped in front of you.

"What do you want?" You asked impatiently.

"I... I just want to see them... Please?" He begged. You thought about it for a moment.

"...Okay." you finally said. He unwrapped some of the blankets to reveal his daughter's face. He smiled and chuckled a bit. He rubbed his thumb softly against her chubby cheeks.

"She's... Beautiful." He touched the baby's black hair and then looked at her button nose. "She has your facial features." He said, smiling at you. You sighed and looked away from him. The baby woke up and started to whine. He shushed her quietly and put his finger onto into her hand. She held on and started to giggle a bit. He grinned and looked at you, who had tears in your eyes.

"What's wrong, y/n?" He asked. You crossed your arms and looked down.

"You... You could've been such a great father. Why? Why did you do it? We could've been happy." You felt a lump in your throat. He walked over towards you and rubbed a fresh tear from your face. You sniffled. You missed this. You missed him so much. You felt bad that you did.

"I know... I made a dumb decision and I've regretted it ever since... I... Picked up drinking a little while after it happened. I'm... I'm a wreck without you, y/n." He cupped your cheek. You pushed his hand away.

"I can't just forgive you like that, Varian. Not after the amount of pain you put me through. You risked our daughter growing up without a father figure."

"I know, I know. I just want to start over. As friends. Please?" He held your hand between his. You sighed.

"Okay. We... We can be friends." You had to admit, you wanted to start over too. You were probably just as much of a wreck as he was without you.

"Do you... Wanna go get coffee?" He asked, pointing to the cafe behind him.

"I have to take b/n (baby name) to the palace first so she doesn't get a cold." You reached over and covered her back up.

"B/n, huh? It's gorgeous. Suits her too." He smiled.

"... don't think that you can just come straight back into my life and pretend everything is fine, Varian." You scolded him a bit.

"Trust me, I don't think that at all." He chuckled. You lightly smiled at him and proceeded to walk away to the castle.

"A-actually," you heard him say. He walked next to you. "I was hoping we'd go to the palace together? I really haven't seen Rapunzel in a hot minute." He rubbed the back of his neck. You sighed.

"Okay. You come with." You said before continuing to walk with him by your side. He snaked his arm around you. You punched him in his side.

"Ow!"

"Don't." You scolded him. He rubbed his side.

"Yeah... Got that."
~~~

Low-key kinda cute tbhh