40) Accidentally in Love

This was requested by SugarRushMunchy! Sorry it's not exactly what you asked for!
~~~
Varian poured the bright orange mixture into a small vile. He lifted up his goggles and smiled, handing it to Y/n.

"This should get rid of your hiccups in a jiffy! And you have your best friend to thank for that~" He said confidently.

"Only if it wor-*HIC*-ks" She held onto her chest. She downed the mixture in one gulp and smiled.

"Mm! Strawberry!"

She suddenly felt a  pulsing headache and a nauseous feeling in her stomach. She felt a warmness rise to her face and her eyes burning. She shut them tightly.

"Y/n? A-are you okay? Your face is really red." he put his hand on her shoulder.

"Y-yeah... I think so..." She opened her eyes. Varian noticed something different about them. With a closer inspection, he noticed that they were... heart shaped? Suddenly, Y/n began to lean in and pucker her lips. Varian quickly pulled away.

"W-what are you doing?!" he asked, panicked.

"You are just sooo adorable! I just wanted to show you how much I love you!" Y/n gushed. Heart shaped freckles appeared on her rose red cheeks.

"... We have to get an antidote." Varian said, sitting at his lab table and putting on his goggles. He felt a soft tug on his hair and looked behind him, confused. Y/n giggled.

"Your hair is so soft! That's what I love about you!" She said, continuing to play with his black locks. He groaned a bit before going back to his work. Her playing with his hair was a normal thing, but everything she was saying to him wasn't. She was never this affectionate.

"Was this in her the entire time?" He asked himself. He snapped out of his thoughts and tried to push them out of his mind. They were best friends! She couldn't possibly have actual feelings for him!

"Not like I would complain if she did..."

Varian surprised himself with that thought. What was he thinking!? It wouldn't make sense if Y/n had liked him back. Why would she? He was a dorky idiot who only ever cared about science and not anyone else's safety. That's why his father was trapped in amber for an entire year. That's why he betrayed all of Corona and even one of his only friends.

How could anyone love him after everything he did?

How could anyone love him when he didn't even love himself?

He felt tears stinging his eyes. He took off his left glove and rubbed them. Y/n took notice and laid her head down next to him.

"Are you okay?" She blinked innocently.

"I-I'm fine... it's just these chemicals..." He sniffled.

"You don't have to hide things from me. You know I love you, right?"

And with that, Varian broke into hard sobs. Y/n grew surprise from this sudden outburst, but hugged him tightly. Varian hugged her back meekly, tears falling down his cheeks and onto her shoulder. Y/n pulled away and wiped his tears and kissed his cheek.

"I love you." She said again.

"I... I love you, too." He responded, his breath shakey. "I want to make you the antidote, but... I like you like this- you being affectionate."

"Am I not like this normally?" She tilted her head.

"Not at all!" He chuckled. "I even thought you hated me for a while."

"I could never hate you! You are just soooo perfect!" She cooed and pressed his cheeks with her palms. He laughed.

"Alright, alright. Let's make you that antidote."
---
After hours of work and constant attention from Y/n, Varian had finished. He gave Y/n the vile and wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead. Y/n looked at the vile and back at Varian. She smiled before taking off his glove and placing a bit of the antidote on his finger and rubbed it on his lips.

"What are you doing, starlig-" He was interrupted by her kiss. It was quite passionate as well. As if it was their last time on Earth together. He hesitated kissing back. Once she pulled away, she licked the solution off of her lips and smiled.

"I love you!" Affectionate Y/n said one last time, waving goodbye. Varian waved as well, staring in awe. After a few seconds, Y/n pupils returned to normal and the heart shaped freckles disappeared. She felt a sudden pulse in her head.

"Ouch... migraine." She rubbed her temples.

"Do you.... remember what happened?" Varian asked.

"Maybe... I don't know."

"Do you wanna go home?"

"Yes, please." Varian held her hand and walked her from the lab back to her house.

"Hey! Y-your hiccups are gone!" Varian said, happily.

"I'd rather have hiccups than a migraine like thi- *HIC*"
...
Varian burst out into laughter. Y/n chuckled a bit as well, but her pounding migraine wasn't forgiving. She immediately winced and held her forehead.

"You should probably head inside and lay down."

"Yeah... that'll be best. I'll see you tomorrow, Var."

"See ya."

And with that, Y/n went inside and Varian walked home.

She may have forgotten what happened, but he'll never forget.