46) The Girlfriend

Another Varian x jealous reader lol I kinda wanted to redo that one anyway-

This was requested by @Allison_Moon_04 (can't tag- I hate wattpad)

~~~
Varian and Y/n were an inseparable pair. Seeing one of them without the other one was an extremely rare sight. They were the definition of best friends forever.

Emphasis on "were".

Varian has started dating this girl in their class named Clara... or was it Audrey??? Y/n couldn't remember and couldn't be bothered to remember. Of all things that she could've lost her best friend to, it was a girl.

An extremely pretty one at that.

There was a feeling that sat heavy on Y/n's chest. Anger? Sadness? She couldn't describe it. It was an aching pain that made her stomach churn every-time she saw them together.

And her best friend without her.

Y/n sat in her science class staring at Varian and Whats-it's-face just in front of her. The teacher instructed that everyone read the thick paged science with a partner of their choice. It would have been Y/n and Varian together, but his girlfriend just so happened to switch science classes at the beginning of the new semester.

Y/n snarled and the sickeningly sweet sight. Varian and what ever the frick her name is held the book upright to conceal themselves and keep giving each other little pecks on the lips and cooing. There goes that gut wrenching feeling again.

"Y/n!" Rapunzel whisper yelled. Y/n snapped out of her daze and looked at her long haired partner.

"Y-yeah?" She said, still a little surprised.

"Are you okay? You keep looking out into space. Are you having a stroke?" The blonde asked. Y/n shook her head.

"I'm just... upset." She rested her head on her fist.

"About?" Rapunzel asked. Y/n pointed straight ahead of her. Rapunzel looked and nodded her head. "Oooh."

"Yeah."

"Minerva stole Varian from you?" Rapunzel's voice got quieter so that the touchy couple in front of them wouldn't hear.

"I guess so..." Y/n responded, a bit of pain in her voice showing. Rapunzel noticed and hugged her. Y/n hugged back.

She hadn't felt a genuine hug in a long while.
Especially from a dear friend.

The bell rings. Varian and Minerva walk hand in hand to the lunchroom. Y/n followed behind hesitantly, hoping that he would notice her presence. Which to her surprise, he does.

"Oh! Y/n," he stopped in his tracks and turned around to face her. Y/n's face suddenly flushed red.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna sit with me and Minnie today?"

Y/n sighed but obliged. She was hoping that it'd be just her and Varian. But, she couldn't complain. She followed behind and they all grab their lunch and sat down in the courtyard.

"So, Varian, I was thinking-"

"Oh my god, Var bear! When did you get this muscle?" Minerva squeezed his arm and he chuckled.

"Well I've started doing push-ups at home so I can carry heavy stuff for inventions and not feel exhausted after!"

Y/n nervously chuckled. "Hey, um, Varian? I have some really cool ideas for inve-"

"You are so smart! It's crazy sexy." Minerva swooned. Varian's cheeks flushed.

Y/n stared disgusted as they flirted, the conversation slowly becoming sexual. Y/n's phone vibrates and she checks it.