51) AWT Finale

Finallyyyy- sorry for the wait sknwkdn
~~~
"Seven... eight... nine.." I counted, covering my face. "Ten! Ready or not, here I come!" I moved from the living room and into the hallway of our home. As soon as I stepped near the bathroom, I heard childish giggling. I chuckle and move towards the obviously moving shower curtain.

"Where oh where could Ray be?" I said sarcastically. The giggles got goofier and I smile.

"Gotcha!" I quickly yanked the shower curtain. Ray squealed and laughed.

"You found me!" He reaches his arms up at me and I lift him out of the bathtub.

"Yes, yes I did." I said, pinching his nose" "now we have to find Charlotte." As soon as I put the four year old down, he immediately ran into the living room, running into his father who was carrying a bunch of lab equipment.

"Woah! Watch it, Ray!" Varian chuckled. "What are you in a rush for?"

"I have to find Charlotte!" He said excitedly.

"Oop. Well, I think I saw her under the table in the kitchen." He pointed ahead. Ray eagerly ran into the kitchen. Some giggling and a loud 'gotcha!' Could be heard, along with a 'aw come on!' Coming straight after.

"You cheated yknow." I pushed Varian, causing him to fumble with his equipment

"Watch it! This stuff is expensive." He said, catching his balance. I chuckle and take one of the boxes from his trembling arms. He sighed.

"Thanks, snowflake." He smiled, making me blush.

"So what's all this for?" I ask, moving towards the basement with Varian.

"New project I'm working on. It's for the twins' birthday party next week."

"Well aren't you father of the year?" I chuckle, taking my time down the stairs.

"I'll be father of the year if they end up liking it." He said with slight nervousness. "I want them to be happy y'know? Give them what they deserve." We settled down at his lab table and put down the boxes of heavy metal and other objects on the table with a huff. I notice Varian staring at all of the boxes with furrowed brows. Did he really think that he wasn't a good father?

"What's wrong" I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me as if he was unsure of something.

"...Everyday, I think about the argument we had. It was four years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I always wonder if I pressured you into having Ray and Charlotte which makes me look at them differently. I don't want end up being a bad dad all because of that day. That one bad day."

FLASHBACK
I knock on Y/n's door, my heart pounding out of chest.

"Babe, open up! I-I'm sorry, okay?" I pinned my ear against the door. I hear her crying her heart out and a little piece of me breaks with every deep, shaky inhale she took. "Y/n..." I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I look over to see Rapunzel. She knocked on the door.

"Y/n, open up. We can talk about this." She said, putting her ear against the doorway.

"Please... leave me alone." I heard Y/n sob out.

"Please, Y/n. We just wanna talk about this." I said, trying to control the burning sensation in my eyes. I leaned my head against the hard oak door. My heart ached and yearned for her. What was I thinking- forcing all of this onto her? It would be extremely selfish if i make her have the baby just for me.

That's not the type of relationship I want.

"Please, Y/n...." I let out breathily one last time. I put my hand on the knob in hopes of feeling her turn it. I then felt Rapunzel's soft hand on mine.

"Maybe we should leave her alone-" Rapunzel was interrupted by Y/n opening the door. I move away from it, slightly startled from the creaking of its heavy hinges. Y/n obviously couldn't bare to look at me. I could understand why. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the eye either. The silence was strong. Much stronger than the bickering that had occurred earlier.

"I... y-you-" Y/n choked out. She had so much to say. Too much. I then felt her arms around me, pulling me closer to her. I felt her warm tears run cold on my shirt. I hug her back as passionately as I could.

"I know, snowflake. You don't have to say anything." I told her, my voice slightly cracking. I dug my face into the crook of her neck. "Whatever happens, whatever we do, I'll be here for you. That, I can promise you, Y/n."

FLASHBACK OVER

"Varian, you've been an amazing father." I reassured him, putting my hand on his. "We agreed to have the kids and let whatever happens happen and look where we are now." I lift his cold hand and put it against my warm cheek.

"Are you happy?" He asked, his expression screaming worried.

"Extremely. Are you?" I asked. He nodded. "Then there isn't a problem." I smiled sweetly and he returned it with a half smile and a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you, snowflake." He gave me a quick peck on the lips and I giggle.

"I love you, too sunshine."
~~~

EWWWW CHEESY ENDING YUCKY

sorry it's so lack luster smhdbdkwwn wasn't really worth the freaking 5 month wait huh-