36) Some Tricks and a Treat

Happy Halloween, Everybody!
~~~

"Isn't this so exciting?! This'll be my second Halloween ever!" Rapunzel giggled, wrapping another orange streamer around the thin light pole.

"I thought this would be your third?" You questioned.

"Well, I wasn't here for it last year since I was away for the entire year. Y'know, black rock destiny thing?"

"Oh, right." You tied a bow with purple streamer on a trash can.

"Um, you don't need to decorate the trash cans, Y/n."

"Everyone deserves to get dressed up for Halloween, even this guy." You pat the top of the trash can. It shook and Ruddiger jumped out of it, holding a pair of devil horns.

"Hey, what are you doing in there, little guy?" You picked him up and scratched the top of his head. He chittered. You hear panting and look up to see Varian running towards you and wheezing.

"He... sTOle... *wheeze*" He bent over and rested on his knees, still panting and wheezing.

"You good?" You raised a brow.

"He... stole... those horns..." he pointed at Ruddiger. Ruddiger chittered and dropped them. You picked them up and hand them to Varian.

"Thanks." he said, leaning against the building wall.

"We dressin' up this year?" You asked, leaning against the wall with him.

"We sure are! Devil and angel." He wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Sounds basic."

"But it's a classic👌" He said, smiling. You rolled your eyes.

"Aww! You guys dress up together?" Rapunzel asked, clasping her hands together.

"Every year!" Varian said excitedly.

"We've been PB&J, the sun and moon, King and queen," You named off.

"We were even macaroni and cheese." Varian added.

"Oh, that's just too adorable! Do you guys still go Trick or Treating?"

"Never stopped." You shrugged your shoulders smiling.

"Lillian is having a party tonight! I just thought since all the adults will be out of their houses and at Rapunzel's Trick or Treat Ball, we should go to it!" Varian said excitedly.

"That's a good idea! We're probably getting too old for Trick or Treating anyway." You admitted.

"Um, you're never too old to get candy from random strangers." He said jokingly, making you chuckle.

"You guys should totally come to my Trick or Treat Ball! It'll be fun!" Rapunzel said, grabbing a fake skeleton and sitting it on a ledge.

"Rapunzel, the Trick or Treat Ball is boring every year, no matter who's running it." You told her. "All it is is just talking to adults with a costume on. I already do that basically everyday in Old  Corona."

"Well, that's your choice. I hope you guys have fun!" She pinched yours and Varian's cheek. "You're always welcome if you guys get bored at Lillian's party!"

"Thank you, Rapunzel." Varian swatted away her hand from his cheek.

"Come on! I wanna see the costumes!" You said, grabbing Varian's hand and running towards Old Corona.
---
You adjusted your Halo in the mirror. You had to admit, You looked hot.

"You look hot." Varian said as he walked into your room. You blushed and looked at him confused.

"...I-I'm kidding! Haha--" he chuckled nervously.